Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Honda wins again boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 02:00 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda wins again boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, Tellico, we all will get your point with about 1/10 the exclaimation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubba does not ride faster lap time consistently than those guys, only when the track suits his ride. If he was faster on a 2125, he would be dominating ona 250, but instead he is still on a 125.

What is important and intersting is the fact that they have made a quad competitive in a few months, witha quad with at least twice as much R&D time.

Farr, Ellis, all those guys are close enough rin ability, that the quad, stamina, set up, mainly preperation, is what will decide the winner.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

What % of people do you think could push a stock YFZ450 to its limits? most cant even get close. But they dont know that and you cant tell them that. Luckily for their own health and the health of the sport most of them get cowed into buying hondas. We should thank honda [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
First off, Tellico, we all will get your point with about 1/10 the exclaimation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubba does not ride faster lap time consistently than those guys, only when the track suits his ride. If he was faster on a 2125, he would be dominating ona 250, but instead he is still on a 125.

What is important and intersting is the fact that they have made a quad competitive in a few months, witha quad with at least twice as much R&D time.

Farr, Ellis, all those guys are close enough rin ability, that the quad, stamina, set up, mainly preperation, is what will decide the winner.
KGB, I really believe you need to go to a SX or MX race and watch Bubba practice with RC on the track at the same time!!!!!!! Bubba toys with RC!!!! The fact is Bubba beats their times no a 125cc bike versus them on 250's!!!! ALSO, bubba is being held back by Kawi to win the championship and to mature!!! He still rides a little on the wild side!!!!! ALSO, if you go to any of the SX or MX races, CARMICHAEL, REED, VILLUIMIN AND WINDHAM all watch Bubba practice!!!!!!! Bubba raped Reed in the 125's!!! Bubba does jumps that Carmichael wouldnt do or any of the others!!!!!! BEFORE say anything about Bubba, you need to watch the boy ride!!!! He will raise the bar in SX and MX next year!!!!

Old 02-02-2004, 02:42 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I have seen him ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In person !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not saying he is not faster or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just saying on some tracks he is faster, some he is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You stated that he was waxing them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Kawi has the 125 class sewed up, Tedesco is way fast, they only have Byrne in 250, Bubba should be ther this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
I have seen him ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In person !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not saying he is not faster or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just saying on some tracks he is faster, some he is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You stated that he was waxing them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Kawi has the 125 class sewed up, Tedesco is way fast, they only have Byrne in 250, Bubba should be ther this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! - bout time someone did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Im just happy that honda added another high performance quad us buyers can choose from when we select our next quad. I would like anther manufacturer put some heat on Yamaha, they may stop putting out crappy transmissions and starters in their quads in the future. Maybe if they see a shift in market share, they will step up and we might be shocked to see a voluntary recall or they extend a warrantee to weed out nagging quality/design issues. I have had less problems with my honda quads than yamaha quads. I have more fun on my yamaha than honda.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its funny, but Farr won last year and the year before with a yz426 equipped quad. Honda isn't dominating, they just got a good rider. I used to be a Honda loyal, but they left use and the sport many years ago. While Yamaha has always been there with some form of performance machine (Banshee stayed with us, while the 250R became extinct). I'm not about to jump ship just because Honda decided to come out with a performance machine @ its own time. We the fans have been asking for a replacement perf. machine for a long time. And, like always Yamaha responded the call. (YFZ450) I started as Red, but I will finish as Blue

Old 02-02-2004, 08:59 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: thomez In fact I did not proove your point but mine - you said these ATV's are some radical item which nobody else can have. In fact, that is far from the truth.
First off, I Never said that these Pro built Race Quads are "radical" or are from some far off distant planet. What I did say and still stand by, is that a lot of people talk like these quads perform the way that the Pro's quads perform right off of the showroom floor. By your own testimony, you have proven that they do not. Buying a $6500 quad and then trowing another $6000 to $7000 into it on your American Express, now that is "radical". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Lets review what we have learned. Pro quads have been Modified (Almost every part). The quads that you and I can buy off of the showroom floor are Not. Thus comparing the 2 and thinking that whoever wins each weekend on whichever quad, proves which one is better, is simply not a valid comparison.

Class dismissed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RPM

See how Absurd that sounds. Pro Quads are NOT off of the showroom floor, therefore comparing the 2 is ridicules.
I agree. I'd hardly even call these bikes Honda's or Yamaha's. I mean really a 20-30K quad in triplicate waiting in the trailer hardly means one is better than the other. Fact is Tim Farr can ride.. Think of it this way A Suzuki Z just won the first GNCC round, are they faster than the HOnda and Yamaha?? Fact is William Yokely out road the others thay day, nothing more. When the reports start coming in with video's of the Yamaha consistantly spanking the Honda, then you will know. And be honest, you know they are coming.....
jarsong

Old 02-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

another rather childish thread, but I'm gonna reply anyways. Alot of it has to do with rider, but Farr wouldn't race anything he couldn't win on almost every time. No matter how much honda payed him, he wouldn't race a 250ex. In many cases it really isn't all money, you have heard of football players leaving a HIGH TOP DOLLAR contract to pursue a smaller $$$ figure, if he gets to be on a team with a better chance of winning the superbowl. Now I'm not saying the 450r is the best bike ever made, it is kinda close as of now, but I know there are faster, better, bikes out there. I give the semi-new yami all the credit it deserves and will say that it is one nice bike, and I'm not so ignorant that I won't realize this bike is a very well crafted bike that had plenty of R&D, and is a very fast machine stock, compared too other stock bikes. Anyone know why I'm not that ignorant??? Cuz' I'm not brand biased. If it's a nice bike, that I can afford, I will buy it, no matter who made it. Yes I have a Honda, BECAUSE I COULD AFFORD IT, and it won't break down on me every time I ride, or ever right now as far as that goes, but that's a whole other issue. Now I know that my quad is WAY away from being the fastest bike out, but who that coould afford to hop up their machine would, no-one wants a stock machine. It does for me, exactly what I need it too. Perfect for street freestyle, and will be a great mx'er once I get some dough. Both the Honda and the yammi are bringing new factory rides, and new support for the sport that is unpresidented(spelling?) They are both bringing in new riders like crazy and are doing anything but hurting the sport. If a kid goes to watch a dirtbike race cuz he thinks he loves dirt bikes, and when the quad race comes up and he sees that new 450 (Honda or YAMMI), and when his jaw drops, and gets it set in his mind that he might want a quad instead. That same kid grows up riding quads instead of bikes, and is the new Tim Farr, simply because he saw that fast quad and fell in love with the sport. Now do you think that it is so bad that Honda came out with a new, undeniably fast bike, that will gain factory support and overall, greatly increase the broad knowledge range and popularity of the sport. Now I'm not just bitching out all of the yammi guys, I know there are just as many die hard honda guys as there are yammi guys, and I'm talking to you guys too. We really gotta cut out this my quad is better than your quad bullsh1t, and seriously think about this crap instead of acting like all of the twelve year old pre-pubescant children on this site, that get a hard-on every time they ride they're blaster, so they brag to all of their friends and other people who actually know a thing or two about quads. Now I'm not bashing the blaster either, cuz they're a cheap quad, that parents might buy they're kid instead of that cheap @$$ dirt bike. I guess to wrap it up, STOP BASHING, and that includes 14mins and DIEHARDHONDAGUY. If you dont like the quad dont F#@!ing buy it, it's as simple as that. shutup and go riding.

Quick Reply: Honda wins again boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!