Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 350 vs Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 350 vs Warrior

Amazing.......dont some of you people know how to "read". because if you actually do than youd notice that yamaha changed alot more than the looks.
for the ones who think its just a "just a warrior with raptor plastics" than i have news for you. here is what all was changed....
new plastics, headlights, tail light, parts of the frame, better bumper, new handle bars, Seat, foot pegs, tires, different rear shock, Bigger and better carb, Better looking and ''performing'' exhaust, as well as some slight changes to the engine, all of this which will make it a much better quad than the warrior was. not that the warrior was bad at all, but the new 350 is gonna be alot better, you guys have to look atother things than just engines. who cares if its the same engine, that engine is reliable and strong enough to hold its own, so why change an already decent design? its the handling thats going to be the biggest improvement, as well as Comfort.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer

ok...maybe you need to go read the specs again. i am not going to argue, but i really suggest you look at the specs and hit the compare button.And somehow i dont think footpegs and brake lights will make it faster or handle better

Old 02-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

getusummm, LOL at your name!

Im guessing it's in reference to Full Metal Jacket movie.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LOWBOWTIE
getusummm, LOL at your name!

Im guessing it's in reference to Full Metal Jacket movie.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Boy, you a peter puffer?!?

Old 02-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

1? New to atv. Why would yamaha build a new bike that you could bolt on the new plastic to a oldes model?
wouldn't they sell less new quad's if you could do that?

Dave

Old 02-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I do believe it was a good idea to update the warrior, but they should have made the engine more efficient, and possibly came out with a 4 valve head. I think the reason they didn't update the head, because of the money they would lose, and aftermarkets would have to come out with new pipes to fit the new head, while im guessing warrior pipes fit this quad just the same. The warrior allready is faster than its competition, but I think yamaha should step up the warrior and make it compete with the 400ex, instead of the 300ex. As it stands now this "new warrior" will be better than the old one, but not as good as a 400ex.

Old 02-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hopefully they improved the frame and the seat height, I of course didnt check the specs that carefully but the compression remains the same so I really cant see that much differencein the engine, the carb is 2mm smaller which might improve bottom end and maybe it's geared up a bit to make up for it? Anyhow I sincerely hope it's not the same frame and just new plastic. That's basically NO real improvement. I cant see the 348cc 2 valve competing seriously with the 400ex in any form. I've had no problems with the Warrior reverse and like the way it works. It just takes a bit of finesse to work it. The plus side is there's already a huge aftermarket for Warriors and the made over Raptor 350 might reignite interest into an otherwise long toothed machine. The fact is though that in the price range there's better machines available for not a whole lot more money. If that plastic fits the old machine put me down for a set though!

Old 02-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

If it doesnt just bolt on, I bet with just a couple of mods, it will bolt on. I loved my warrior and i had basically what yamaha is putting on the raptor(same size tires, dmc exhaust, opened up the air box, and bored .040 over). I am just saying dont get your hopes up thinking that this is a totally redesigned or upgraded machine.

Old 02-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

Of coarse the 350 will be better. Many people rush to comment "It is a Warrior with different plastic". The dimensions have been changed enough to make a big difference. The weight hasn't been droped that much but it still makes a respectible difference.

I agree that Yamaha should have used a different motor. But they wern't shooting to make and extreme bad a$$ racing mid-size atv.
It is very affordable and that gives extra money to upgrade.

I think the theme should have been changed. I really dont like the looks that much ether, but again they made it to be affordable because any hard-core sport atv enthusiast won't go out a buy a 350.

Old 02-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: getusummm
ok...maybe you need to go read the specs again. i am not going to argue, but i really suggest you look at the specs and hit the compare button.And somehow i dont think footpegs and brake lights will make it faster or handle better

He didnt say it would, he was pointing out the differences between how its different from a warrior...read closely before you talk.

And By the way, I think it is possible for it to beat a 400ex, Warriors can hang with 400ex's like it or not, so this thing may just be equal or better.

Quick Reply: Raptor 350 vs Warrior