Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 350 vs Warrior

if the plastic of raptor 350 fit in the warrior i buy only the plastic

Old 02-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Range Rover

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...pecscomp02.asp

That will show you everything different between the 2. it sounds like the Raptor 350 is more designed for dunes thats just me thou!

Old 02-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

i will go with the warrior.it has sold more quads than any other from yamaha.it is reliable and nothing can replace it. it is the best all-around quad and even though the raptor 350 is lighter and nicer looking, nothing can replace the warrior.

Old 02-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vipers619
i will go with the warrior.it has sold more quads than any other from yamaha.it is reliable and nothing can replace it. it is the best all-around quad and even though the raptor 350 is lighter and nicer looking, nothing can replace the warrior.

why?...its the same drivetrain.

Old 02-24-2004, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I am glad to see Yamaha add the new Raptor 350. The Warrior was long overdue for an freshening, and it still has a place in the market. For those of you who don't understand manufacturing and marketing, Yamaha updated the chassis and plastic without creating a whole new motor. This creates more media attention and brings the Warrior into the Raptor performance family, which will build brand loyalty. Once a 350 rider is ready to move up, the Raptor 660 is the obvious choice.

Yamaha is committed to their ATV line and this is a better update than what they did to the Blaster last year. While the Blaster only got improved brakes and new plastic, the Warrior chassis was scrapped and they built a whole new chassis. While the motor is mostly unchanged the chassis specs are different: wider and taller, like the Raptor 660. I would bet it will handle and perform much better than a Warrior on the trail.

Many folks still love the 400ex, but it is a fossil. The Z400/KFX400 is probably what Yamaha is aiming at with this new model. I would think that top speed will be comparable to the Z. I'm anxious to see a shootout to see how it compares with the others.

Good move Yamaha!

Old 02-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

i dont see how top speed can be different.

making it wider and changing the plastic doesnt make it faster.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

I think it will hang with the 400ex for the simple fact is a warrior is only what 10 mph slower? The new raptor 350 is lighter has a better cam, better stock exhaust, smaller tires for better acceleration, and probably different gearing which will probably give it more tourqe and a higher top speed.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

My Warrior is no slower than a 400ex on top end, just wont get there as quickly. I really dont see the old 2 valve mill being massaged enough to take a 400ex, let alone compete with the Z/KFX. I've heard a guy on this site that had a 400cc stroked Warrior motor that said it was tough to beat an EX, so a stock compression, 348cc motor certainly wont be in the same league. I just dont see it. I used to love my Warrior but there are sure alot better machines to compare to, I wish Yamaha would have dumped in a more modern engine, at least the top end anyhow.

Old 02-24-2004, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider

my guess is the 400ex is soon to go away and yamaha knows it...so filling that space with an updated famous quad ata bargain price would make sense. I think it should still be the warrior tho...I dont think they are meant to go head to head - this one's meant to be a bargain family truckster with updated looks and ergonomics.
JMHO lets see how it goes....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KILLERCUDA
Originally posted by: trailrider500
LOL you guys don't waste any time do ya?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Its simple Raptor 350 any quad worthy of the raptor name has to be fast... Come on know you guys should know that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Hows it gonne be faster with the same motor?!?! There is NOTHING new on it it just weighs 50 lbs less.
What's the gearing on the new Rap?? With smaller tires the gearing will have to be taller in order to attain the same top speed as the old Warrior. It might get to it's top faster, but I don't really know if it will actually have a higher top speed.

There have been many posts about weight of machines and rider weight .. and depending on what the argument is, 22lbs is either a lot of weight or not much weight. So which is it here?

As for the new Rap beating an EX .. like someone else posted .. it's not gonna happen (stock for stock). The EX is still more powerful. And where's the new technology that Jed refers to? All the specs are identical .. even the carb, which was previously smaller is now apparently the same ...

Quick Reply: Raptor 350 vs Warrior