Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

THE BEST DIRT TRAIL ATV??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE BEST DIRT TRAIL ATV??

Originally posted by: TOWERCITY
I am picking up my Raptor660(all black) on Friday.
Right on dude! That Black plastic scratches easy though. I know because I have it. My bike's under a year old and it looks 5 years old.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

hey i resent that

Old 02-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

If I were buying a quad for just trails, it would be a 400ex. If you NEED reverse (which a good rider doesn't), then it's the Z/KFX400. There's nothing wrong with the power from either of those. Trail riding is more about handling than power.
The only thing I didn't like about the 400ex I rode was that you can't see around the fenders when riding a wheelie over a long distance.

BTW- I started riding quads when I was 6, and I didn't start with some little 80cc unit. I started on a Honda 200sx. I had to reach down and move the shifter by hand because my foot wasn't strong enough for upshifts. Somehow, I never died. I think as a rider I may have been more safe then than I am now...

Old 02-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

Well Punker,

I am not happy about paying more money for an all black atv...period. I just needed one for this weekend and black was actually the best deal(yes even as an limited addition). I thought that it might look old quick, BUT it is a raptor atv. My car is great looking....my atv is mean looking. All I can do. If the chicks don't like it, then I'm screwed, lol....

Old 02-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

I had to reach down and move the shifter by hand because my foot wasn't strong enough for upshifts. Somehow, I never died. I think as a rider I may have been more safe then than I am now...

Hmmm......glad your alive man. You have great skills.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TOWERCITY
lapeerbanshee, sorry man. Most likely you'll 'never' die. I just worry about teens that are overconfident. My bad.
-----------

Really it came up when we were chatting about the 'under 16' warning. I made more than needed of it.
Completely agree about the overconfidence. My sister is one of the people. Seems like every time she rides her beartracker she biffs going over jumps (not saying i never have)...but on the rare occaision that she goes with us, she usually ends up on the ground. I see kids at Solon (local place) riding the high-bank turns at the motoX setup they've got with absolutely no reguard to anyone's safety but their own.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Right on dude! If you keep good care of it, it wont look that bad, my friend got an 04 LE also and it still looks sick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

how in the heck do you get "overconfident" out of that one sentence and any way towercity was joking around incase you didnt read that thread

Old 02-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

i think it would suk with out reverse ..think about how many times your gonna need to get off with out it..makes sense to have it people that say u don't need it when your stuck the first thing u have to do is rock the bike back and forth..with out reverse your gettin off and pullin/tuggin with mud splashin everywhere lolol funny stuff--------- when u could just flip the lever?????? how the hell is it an "elite option"

Old 02-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

gotta have reverse for trailz! periodlol

Quick Reply: THE BEST DIRT TRAIL ATV??