Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster K&N Clamp on???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster K&N Clamp on???

I just recently bought an airbox, and all the stuff to go with it, I already bought a K&N for my airbox. But now I realized that Banshees can have clamp-on K&N's so can't the Blasters also? Can I? Thanks

Old 02-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

yep i actually went to my dealership today and asked them if i could do that and they said for me to take the measurements of the mouth and bring it to them and they will order it....... but with having no airbox does it increase horsepower by alot or just a little?

Old 02-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

So you can go and buy 1 Banshee clamp-on and just simply slap it on the Blaster?

Old 02-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

A clamp on will give your bike more air flow, which means the motor will run better. You will have to re-jet for this because you are greatly increassing the air flow. The only thing about running with a clamb on is that you have to watch out for water, expecially with a K&N. If you are running in wet areas i would say its a bad move. BUt if your gonna keep out of the mud wand water then go for it.
Im not sure if the banshee ones can be used on a blaster or not. YOu would have to check out the size of the mount on the carbs.

Old 02-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

yeah thhats why i siad u take the rubber thing connecting to the carb off and measure the hole and order that size and it should work fine

Old 02-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

technically that will work, But if the filter is too big then it might alow too much air flow into the carb and your jetting might have to be so changed that it might work really bad. Im not sure however. I have never tried this.

Let me know how it turns out.

Old 02-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

well i think im gonna order it tomorrow but i was also wondering all i have is the main just that came with the b-1 kit and would i have to take it off or are there just some settings on it that i should change?

but i will let you kno how it works....

Old 02-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

you will have to change the jetts from the b-1 setting. BY oputting on a clamp on you are adding alot more air flow to the carb.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey man i have a 2003 blaster and i got everything you can just bolt on and i was wondering about the air box too. until i found an all alumiumin air box made by cfm performance it adds 2-5 hp all you do is cut out the plastic and bolt this new one in i just got it about a week ago and i have a toomy b1 race pipe and i notice a big difference in power i had to re jet it to allow more gas to be burned but its worth it trust me.

my dad has a 400ex with all kinds of aftermarket stuff and we raced before and i tied him in accel but after i got the box i beat him by a bike lengh!

Old 02-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Bonehead,
do you know of a web-site for this air box?

Quick Reply: Blaster K&N Clamp on???