Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Check out these numbers......YFZ450

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 09:34 PM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out these numbers......YFZ450

86ATC,

I used your example of the Keihin FCR carbs to better explain the price of parts situation. I have no idea which dealer gave you prices on the carbs you mentioned but here's what I found.

You found that the FCR on the CRF bike retailed for under $300

I found out that the carb has an MSRP of $629 and a dealer cost of $405

You found that the carb on the Yamaha was around $900. I didn't know if you meant the bike or quad, so I did some digging on each. I found that you must have meant the bike.
YFZ FCR carb...........$672.47.........DC$450.55
YZ450F carb............$889.58.........DC$596.58

Old 02-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

you cant handle the truth!!! none of you can!!!!

Old 02-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry, I couldn't remember for sure & it was too late to look it up. The 03 CRF carb can be bought for $338 online - retail shows to be $512

There's a ton of interesting parts pricing examples. Cylinder heads are one.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 1986atc250r
Read the two posts right above yours - he made a cheezy comment - I responded with an obviously cheezy comment to lighten things up - then he edited and acted like I posted that out of the blue... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Oh well.... I apologize to any real Homos out there that I may have offended LOL...
hey, dink. the original post read, "I believe that the engine from the 400ex is actually from briggs and stratton." That is exact. And if you notice, I said wtf before I edited it. I was assuming that my statement was wrong to so i edited so that it would go over better. I was not being a smart butt, I have been told, even by atv dealers in my area, that this is the case. If its wrong, so sue me. But dont jump down my back for it. Besides, I am nursing 2 broken fingers and a sprained wrist from a racing crash last week, so I have edited most of my messages for the last week or so due to screwing up the typing.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

I know this topic was about numbers on the YFZ, but since it turned out to be a honda vs yamaha, i just like to express my opinion. I been listening mostly to all the furoms and posts since the yfz came out and the rumor on the trx450r started. let me say that fromthe start, all the honda die hards were bashing the yfz of how the trx was going to eat it and all that crap of s___. know that the tables have turned around, thats why many yfz owners or soon to be owners are being soo defensive, nothing else. This is a furom where we share ideas, opinions, etc....

Old 02-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

That statement was ridiculous --- so I made a ridiculous statement of my own, didn't think I would strike on such a raw nerve. Take it easy, it was supposed to have been funny. Oh well, it made me laugh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'll let you slide on the name calling since you recently crashed and apparently you weren't wearing your helmet (just kidding - take it easy)...

Which reminds me of another thread 14mins started that likely explains it all.....

Old 02-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

man, you are just too much.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just curious, where does the helmet comment/theme come in? I guess I dont have much of a sense of humor, cuz I dont get it. Actually what happened was a zilla spun out and he was going up on his side. His left rear took out my front fender, handlebars, clutch lever, steering stem, and my left arm and leg. AMA sanctioned races require helmets.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

i have a problem with the statement that Honda came up short. it makes the assumption that they are the best and therefore their 450 should have been the better.

Now i've ridden both Quads. aggressively. and i can assure you...Honda did not come up short. compared to the 400ex the z400, it's a Massive leap. it has a tourquey low end and the power builds rapidly and comes on smooth. i don't know what they were smoking over at DW when they said it was tippy and the front end was too light. it's not.

however, i do feel the YFZ is the better of the new 450 powerplants. and hell its actually a 439cc mores to come. and i feel you can tap more performance out of the YFZ450 than the TRX. it rips. your white knuckling it 70% of the time. i give it to the YFZ also because Honda did say it was there race ready quad. holding both quads under that light and i think yamaha made the better race ready quad. But Honda did'nt come up short. it will win many races and Honda will sell alot of em.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Ouch - heal up quickly, always irritating to get taken out by another rider's mistake...

14mins started a long thread a while back about not liking & not wearing helmets. I snuck that comment in to so it could lead me into giving 14mins some crap about his helmetless riding having caused some brain damage that accounts for his lame, "Yamaha is better than everything else because I say so" flame bait posts...

Clear now?

Quick Reply: Check out these numbers......YFZ450