Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ATV riders damage cabin. What's the point?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV riders damage cabin. What's the point?

Back in the hills not very far from my home there is a cabin. Not fancy but nice, dirt floor, made from tin, pot-bellied stove in the middle, benches around the walls, window in the front, and a door wide enough to get you atv in. This cabin was built by freinds for everyone to use. A place to get out of the rain and cold when they are riding. I have spent some eve's in there waiting out the rain. Nice and shady in the summer. It even has a outdoor BBQ pit and some benches outside. When I rode by there the other day I saw the damage that had been done to it. The door was ripped off the hinges, the window was broken out, the benches had been burned and they had even tried to build a fire against one of the support posts. I just can't understand WHY? The guys that built it had even painted on the front " ENJOY..DON'T DESTROY". These guys have always been good enough to let anyone use their cabin and this is how they get repaid. Beleive me I tend to mind my own business and don't like snitches but if I find out who done this I will let the owners know who did this. This was tolally uncalled for. I am gonna offer to help fix it back and try to help watch out for the cabin when I can. These punks need to be caught. I'd love to see it. There is just one way in and one way out.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear that. Some people are just juvenile and try to fill a personal void by destroying other people or things. I commend you for helping out your neighbors by assisting with the repairs and watching the property. Hopefully all individuals will not lose out due to a few @sshats.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I love to find little cabins like that, especially when you need a little refuge,,,,or a romantic place to camp.

Dont let em get to ya. Build it back better than it was,,,,,,it should make for a fun/satifying day of riding/building.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer

Yes that is a shame!!!

There is a cabin/hut that I go to back in the woods and it too was damaged, many people in our atv club put alot of time and effort in the upkeep, and to see the windows smashed out, and holes in the walls is sickning. The one thing I don't understand, is that the only way to get to the cabin is by atv, or snowmobile the punks can't get there on foot (well it would take forever and a day to do it). So it is one of us that had to do it.

I agree with the open door policy, use don't abuse! if you lock it not everyone can use it like it should be, on a cold winters run, chuck some wood in the stove and warm up while you eat your lunch! NOW THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!

And to catch someone in the act of vandalising the place.......well lets just say......911 would take a while to get there

Old 02-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Why does anyone do anything negative? They were probably flatlanders. j/k I just wanted to suggest putting a game camera out since there is only one way in and out. Make sure the flash is turned off so they don't see it and take it. Hopefully they'll come during the day. Maybe you could put something in their path so they will be less likely to notice the camera. They may not be back because they've burnt their bridge.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We have a cabin like that around here, says Leave it like you found it, or Leave it alone. No one has damaged it, yet. Hope no one bothers it, cause it's a nice place to hang out when we are riding. Sorry to hear about what happened.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean! Alot of places that I have went to ride thats on Private Property, owned by hunting clubs! The Club doesnt mind if we ride cuz we keep the trails beat down during the summer! But some people are taking advantage of mainly by tearing down signs and worse dumping trash everywhere!!! So they may not let us ride there for to much longer if things don't change!!!

Old 02-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

same here Griz...we had a nice place to go riding next to some lakes and camp sites...after a few punks had a party there and left well over a huge hefty bag worth of trash all over the camp site, no one is allowed there anymore

Old 02-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Heard of it happening here in Idaho the people on the ATV's were the ones who went to the police .
They were standing around just looking at the cabin "and trying to burn it down" When all of a sudden a hunter started Shooting holes in there ATV with a high powered rifle . when the police investigated the Crime / fire scene they found a piece of paper with one of the riders names on it under some of the stuff that was burnt . when asked if he had ever been there before he stated no .
Charged with attempted arsen his buddys finally ratted him out and they were also charged with aiding and abeding .
It dosent matter what you have and if it's even nice . There is always some jerk that wants to destroy it

Old 02-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, there appears to be no area in North America that has exclusive ownership of these losers. we have so many areas that are closed due to morons it's sickening. I keep riding to areas that don't seem far off from being shut down because of the litter and damage.

A little jingle:

vandals and losers live in the north,south,east and westy,
if you catch one in the act, be sure to remove their testes!!

..at least that way we might remove some of the bad seeds from the gene-pool!!
if we can't stop them now, at least we can save the future.

Quick Reply: ATV riders damage cabin. What's the point?