Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checkin out the Rappys saturday

Buy mine! All the goodies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2460069754

Old 02-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

well my dad came home from work today and told me that he talked to the dealership today and reserved an '04 blue rappy. we're going to go pick it up tomorrow. i went to alba's website to see if they had the yosh pipes and they do, but im confused, they have 3 different ones, one is just a slip on, another is a full race system, and the other one is just really hi-perf i guess, but the slip on is like 400 bucks, and the hi-perf is like 800. there was some article in an atv mag that my dad read that was about different pipes for the rappy, there was a comparison with dyno charts and prices and everything. supposedly the yosh pipe is the best and it had a 14 hp gain over stock, so i really dont think its a slip on, but my dad says it was only like 450 bucks. do the gyt-r pipes compare to the yosh pipes? are the yosh pipes the best for the rappy, how much are they, and do they comply with oregon's 93 db regulation?

also, my dad loves carbon fiber stuff and he wants to get the carbon fiber radiator cover from yamaha, and i was thinking it would look pretty cool on my shee too. i know they had a CF radiator cover on the '03 LE shees (black with yellow) and i was wondering if i could get one from my dealership or would i have to order one as a replacement part or will they not even sell me one or what? finally i want to know what the best paddles would be for both the shee and the rappy. for the shee i was thinking about skat trak haulers, but i dont know what tire dia. would be best, or if that would even be the best tire. as for the rappy i was thinking the skat trak... whatever the V shaped ones are called.. sand shark i think, anyway, those would probably be good for the rappy so it wouldnt hurt its turning ability which supposedly the haulers do.

thanks for your help everyone!

Old 02-14-2004, 06:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrat's, he will love it. I definetly love mine.

Old 02-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

I think the Raptor will be perfect for him.

Old 02-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Oh well another mistake made another day gone bye

Old 02-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

congrats

yoshi has 2 full systems they have the comp. which is stainless steel and the pro which is titanium or carbon fiber. I believe the pipe shoot out was done with the stainless steel kit. I beleive it was only 6-8hp gain, but was still second in hp gain. the dbs is what put it above the rest. When I purchased mine I was told the titanium gave 2 more hp than the stainless steel and weighed like considerably less. I think the comp exahust is 600.00 and the pro exahust is 700.00.

I think the prices you got were from Beaverton Honda. Its a good dealer but there parts prices are a little high. Sounds funny but the prices I said are from Les Schwab(Its been awhile but prices should be close). You can also try TOP DOG RACING just off johnson creek blvd. and I-205.

I have the ITP sand stars and they seem to work good. I was thinking about switching to the skat trac edges if he gets them let us know how he likes them.

Old 02-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

i actually didnt get my prices from beaverton honda, i got em off alba.com. i hate beaverton honda actually, theyre too big and they dont care about their customers. not to mention their stuff is overpriced like you said.

you wouldnt happen to remember what magazine that article was in would you?

as for the tires, we'll probably get skat trak edges for the rappy and haulers for the shee.

thanks! gotta go, we're leavin now to go get it!