Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Vs. 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Vs. 400ex

Me and my neighbor grounded the spark cable and it ain't sparkin' every time it turns over just some of the time is this what it's suspose to do, I will actually check the spark pulg tomorrow.

Old 02-19-2004, 06:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zslate
Me and my neighbor grounded the spark cable and it ain't sparkin' every time it turns over just some of the time is this what it's suspose to do, I will actually check the spark pulg tomorrow.
The plug should spark on every 4th rotation.

Old 02-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

ok thank ya very much I will check today and see if that's right on it!

Old 02-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

wouldnt it be easier to just uninstall the spark plug and buy a new one?lol but never buy them from a cycle shop!they cost like $4 than discount or autozone....but your in pretty big trouble if its not the corroded wire's,or spark plug...cause there's another item in the engine that makes it spark,im srry but i forgot the name of it...that part sometimes brake's when you get water inside the engine...you could clean the carb that would be a good idea also,cause it may be that it got some "JUNK" from the water or mud he's been through with it and its not gettin gas to the spark plug...when you try to crank it uninstall the spark plug and see if you smell gas...if you dont all you probably need to do is clean the carb,but on mine it was the eletrical box that had a wire corroded and i just cleaned that off and it cranked like it was new....

Old 02-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Saturday My dad and I are going to clean the carb out what do I need to do that carb cleaner? and Will I need to change the jettin' when I take it apart? I hope to get that baby runnin' soon so My girl and I can go for a ride along w/ some of my buddies!

Old 02-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

If it's like the old skidoo carbs you might need a new gasket kit .. someone on here aught to be able to answer that pretty easily .. I haven't tinkered with my Carb yet, but I plan to re-jet and filter this spring/summer

Old 02-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

well no you dont need new jets...it prob would be worth buying some high performance jets to add performance but the stock one's will work fine....but you do need some carb cleaner and any old carb cleaner will do..,well i truthfully realy hope you get to ride with your friends cause its realy ausome,i like it when you make it through a mudhole and they get swallowed by it!lol its pretty cool to talk about it later around the campfire...but do you have an unlimited spending account or somethin?cause if you do i would highly suggest a k/n power kit...it runs for $200+ though...but it would be worth it if you mudbog alot cause of the extra power and tourqe,but im sure there are cheaper mods like just a reg K/N filter that would give you improved throttle response and about 1-2hp and it runs for like $40-50-its probably the best addon for the money..im fixin to buy one for my bayou in a couple of weeks

ps.i think highlifter.com has the price of the K/N power kits-also its a realy good offroadin website

Old 02-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice ol rust bucket!....J/P, once you get it running, it will last forever as long as you keep it maintained...Change the sparkplug whether it looks bad or not, always a good idea.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Well, thank ya'll very much, I'm glad to be able to get some ideas from people that know what there talkin about everbody that has answered this post has been really nice and there ain't been ne arguing thank goodness! I will surely buy a new spark plug, and clean the carb. I really think that will do it! In the future I will probley put performance jets, K/n Power kit and a pipe on it. Thanks I will tell ya'll how it turned out. It will probley be saturday when I get to do it! Thanks again!

Old 02-20-2004, 05:04 AM
Trailblazer

I would check into buying the k&n filter,outer wear, jets and needle separately. I bought the power kit and found out later it would have been cheaper. Also if you are buying a pipe call the customer service and ask them what the jetting "should" be for your setup. I did this with FMF, they were great and the jet they recomended was only one size small. Just my .02 GOOD LUCK!!!!

Quick Reply: Warrior Vs. 400ex