More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor

Originally posted by: 2untouchables690
thats pretty funny considering I beat craycrafts all day long
I also noticed that when you get in an argument with people and don't got a come back or logical argument you just say you beat craycraft bikes...thats pretty lame man LOL Gotta change the subject to argue eh? lol

Also, I could beat you around the block, trail or MX! Rappys handle great! Especially with a longer swingarm and wider axle...dude you dont know anything.

Rappys have WAYYYY more HP potential than the YFZ period...if you knew anything, this would come obvious.

Old 03-01-2004, 04:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

i have to go with the 660

no replacement for displacement

although, pound for pound the 450s are superior

Old 03-01-2004, 05:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't know...Craycraft is setting the bar pretty high on HP. I would love to see what their 730R dyno's at, or what most well tuned 727's dyno. I bet there is more bikes out there that dyno 75+ hp then what we think.

As for being as fast as any Raptor on the planet....4.281 is going to be difficult to catch. Who know's how low they will go this summer? I know the YFZ just came out, but the Raptor has only been out since 01'. So it's not like it's a Banshee's age. If YFZ owners are going to be serious drag racers, they will need to grow by leaps and bounds over the next year or two to have a chance to catch up.

With it's restrictive engine size, I think the YFZ will definetly be more for the track then the 300ft drag's. Of course that is what it's built for in the first place.

Old 03-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

If HP is what you're looking for, then the Raptor is the better choice. Just look at the Stage-1 results. Open up the engine breathing with a K&N and exhaust and you'll add 6 to 10 HP to the YFZ. The same mods will add 20+ HP on the Raptor. Yamaha choked the crud out of the Raptor just to try and keep it safe. On the other end, with big bore kits and the like, the same will hold true - there is no replacement for displacement, and a 10 or 15 percent weight savings will not make up for 33% smaller engine. You don't see top fuelers running small blocks.

Of course, if you're looking for all-round performance and handling is important, you might want to look the other way. You'd have to spend a mint to get the Raptor to even approach the YFZ handling and you'll still never get there.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

How does your 690 compare to your YFZ? Have you gotten the chance to race the two or no?
Well when it was stock I rached my friend down this big straight road and I let him stay right beside til he was maxed out on the yfz the I looked over at him smiled and pushed the throttle all the way in.

I never really drag raced them because I knew the outcome but when I get a 450 kit for it then I'll probably line them up and have one of my friends ride one then switch riders just to see what happens

Old 03-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
Rappy's handle great???? lol. You must not ride fast enough tpo see the serious shortcomings of the raptor. I'm not saying they can't be fixed to a point, but with the mods you have bubba, you DEFINETELY don't have them fixed. If the rappy has "WAY" more potential, I just ain't seeing it on the dyno's man. I have yet to see a true 70hp rappy dyno, although some have claimed that. I think in another year or so, that the YFZ can be made as fast as just about any raptor on the planet after you take the weight diffence into account, but hey, I'm sure you know how to make your rappy rip. From your mods, I can definetely tell you know how to make it handle, lol.
Would you like me to rephrase er somethin? Rappys have the potential to handle great. I know mine isn't decked out in handling, I would have to spend at least $700 to upgrade. It handles fine for now, I have no problems. I never said I had my handling problems fixed!

The Rappy engine potential is way more than the YFZ, this is obvious. Bigger engines will produce more power, the 450 can't match a 660. If you were to invest the same money into both the Rappy would fly all around the YFZ! I'll give the YFZ props for the better handling but once you mod the Rappy to handle better, it deffinatly closes that gap. The Rappys is also not outfitted with the same top of the line parts as the YFZ, which means you can just upgrade them on the Rappy, with the 450 you just have to deal with what you got. There is plenty of potential there, just depends on your pocketbook.

I deffinatly know how to make it rip, and I deffinatly know how to make it handle. I'm sorry I don't have the money to prove that to you...but I know I have the skill...Thats the stupid thing about this forum, everyone compairs bikes and if their bike is better they think they are a better rider...

Old 03-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

I think we already covered that the raptor has more potential you don't have to keep saying that but then we also agreed that maybe in a year or two the yfz might have something to up the hp a lot like the raptor.

What do you mean if you invest the same amount of money into the raptor that is in the yfz do you mean the extra 600 dollars? Most people I know get a pipe, filter, and jet kit, for 600 dollars, and the raptor still doesn't win. Then you do the free mods to the yfz and then the yfz kills the piped raptor.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, I'm saying if you were to invest $10,000 into a rappy and into a YFZ the Rappy would kill.

Also you can keep telling yourself that a piped/filter/jetted YFZ can beat a similar Rappy but it will never be true, and this is proven. Also just to reassure you, Rappys fitted like this almost make 50 hp and never below 45 if the owner knows what he's doin. A 450 barly makes 45...think about that. Also the Rappy jumps over 10 hp from below 35 hp while the 450 only 5 er less from about 40.

Hey, you were the one originally arguing about potential, why the change of heart now? I also don't think a 450 has what it takes even in future years to stomp a Rappy, the tech for Rappys is just gonna get better too.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

As for power, I don't care to do the math once again, but given 200lb riders, the raptor needs to produce 7-8 more HP to stay even in power to weight. Beyond that, the raptor will never hook up as well out of the hole because of the stiffening rear suspension under power. Most 686's only produce 65rwhp max, so a yfz with the same power to weight only needs57-58 hp which is already being obtained!!! To say that the raptor will produce way more hp is totally false. The raptor will never make the same hp per cc no matter how big you go. If you want to win a dyno race, maybe the rappy will be your cup of tea, but in the real world, you'll probably be looking at the rear of a YFZ very soon. I only post what I know is fact, and I know for a fact you're off base on many of the things you said.
bigbubba I don't feel like typing basically the same thing so read this again

ridley I agree with you but as of right now the raptor can probably put out more hp because there are 770 raptors with nos that people make just to go in a straight line and most people that are buying the yfz aren't making it for drag racing so what I was trying to say is that if you are buying a yfz to drag race you are probably buying it for the wrong reason

Old 03-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not stupid, I know about that sh*t already. I personally still think the Rappy still will produce more power to where the weight isn't the deciding factor. 50 lbs is the difference between the 2, that's easily the difference between 2 riders, also it's alot easier to make the Rappy lighter than the 450 becasue of the already lightened parts on the 450. It's not that hard to close the gap of weight, the Rappy isn't that much heavier. It'll deffinatly cose a pretty penny but it's possible, which is where my whole dollar for dollar idea come into play.

Quick Reply: More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor