Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

No replacement for displacement? HA!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No replacement for displacement? HA!

What about twin turbos, supercharges and nitrous? Pft.

-Nick

Old 03-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Well, what about F1 cars and wankels?

Old 03-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Range Rover

I see you dont understand that concept of no replacement for displacement. Turbos, nitrous or any power adder is available to anyone with a motor...hypothecally. So now you put your power adder onto the larger displacement and the smaller displacement and given the money being there the larger displacement has the most potential for going fast.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I see you have 90 (oh wow) posts and also that you dont see my sarcasm. But if you read the phrase, its saying something like "there is no way you can get the power of bigger displacement unless you get bigger displacement", which is entirely false. Either way, Im just tryin to stur up some controversy because latley the board has been boring. But you are from Michigan, so I can forgive you. heh. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

EDIT - nice webpage.

-Nick

Old 03-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

I see you dont understand that concept of no replacement for displacement. Turbos, nitrous or any power adder is available to anyone with a motor...hypothecally. So now you put your power adder onto the larger displacement and the smaller displacement and given the money being there the larger displacement has the most potential for going fast.
er[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It takes a lot of money and one helluva turbo and intercooler setup to make a little pocket rocket 4 cyl car to reach the potential power of a small block v8. The main reason that the smaller engined car can get close to or outperform the v8 car is that the I4 cars are usually much smaller. Drop the different engines in the same chassis and you will see it differently.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and IMO, n2o is not real power. It comes in a bottle and runs out. Its like having super powers that die out and need to be recharged. Its just not the same thing as real power.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Wouldn't it be cool to have a rotary engine in a quad

Old 03-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Range Rover

You are right I didnt know you were being sarcastic. Sorry, I dont post a ton I just try read and learn some things but just because I dont post alot doesnt mean I dont know about things. So really i mean how relevant is the fact I only have 90 posts? But I guess thats all in how you interpet that saying... I read it like take 350cc 4 stroke add nitrous and whatever else you want you might make as much as say a 660 if not more... but add nitrous and whatever to a 660 and the 350 is not even close thus no replacement for displacement... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Im assuming that nice webpage was for me also, thank you! I want to add some more things to make it a little bit nicer. Thats like a spur of the moment creative burst though, im like hey that would be neat i will add it. lol I wish people that visited it too would sign the guestbook because right now its just me and my buddies talking trash for the heck of it. Im gonna add some videos too later this year.

Old 03-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

If you gotta have them too play with the big boys then i think you should go buy something thats got some real power stock

Quick Reply: No replacement for displacement? HA!