Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

is a banshee the fastest or what!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is a banshee the fastest or what!!!!!

come on guys and just admit it. They always talk about the two strokes are dying but there aint a four stroke alive that wants any part of a banshee true or false. When the raptors first come out I was really excited untill I rode one!!! yeah it was peppy but not scary by no means!! it was so predictable it was terrible. My old tri-z blew the doors off of that raptor and it had a pipe and a jet kit. I my self do not own a banshee but I will soon>> my buddy does and it is pretty much stock and it is wild!!! I am not trying to start a fight but I am just wanting your guys opinion......THANKS

Old 03-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

in stock form no there are a couple quads that are faster including the raptor but when you start modding the shee really wakes up

Old 03-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the YFZ450 is faster...and both the Raptor and the Banshee are about equal.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the YFZ is quicker but not faster on the top end... The banshee is not the fastest thing stock but with the right mods NO other quad can touch it...

Old 03-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Actually I think the yfz and the banshee stock have about the same top speed at about 72 and the raptor is at about 75 but it all depends on rider weight too

Old 03-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

here's a video of a shee racing a yfz. shee video

Old 03-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Stock I hear that a yfz is faster. Once the shee is modded I'm sorry to say it but it's just another 4 stroke. Now thats not to say that there arent other bikes beating it. But when modded right and you take the fastest of the fastest bikes out there. The winner is always a banshee.

I love these videos people actually believe that these are the truth. My favorite was the one where the piped yfz hangs with a supposed 70HP banshee. thats retarted. If you really want to see the truth go to roostfest and you'll see all the yfz's get pi$$ed on by banshees. For every time a yfz wins about 5 will lose.

Old 03-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

If you really want to see the truth go to roostfest and you'll see all the yfz's get pi$$ed on by banshees. For every time a yfz wins about 5 will lose.
Why is it the truth there because those banshees which are bored to a 500 can beat a yfz450 with a pipe? I mean it is hard to beat heavily modded banshees but you can't compare something that has 5000 in the engine to something that is basically stock. That's like comparing apples to oranges. Now I'm not saying with the same amount of money in the yfz that it would beat a banshee but it might and I'm sure people didn't buy the yfz just to drag race because if they did they probably bought the wrong quad.

Old 03-05-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2untouchables690
If you really want to see the truth go to roostfest and you'll see all the yfz's get pi$$ed on by banshees. For every time a yfz wins about 5 will lose.
Why is it the truth there because those banshees which are bored to a 500 can beat a yfz450 with a pipe? I mean it is hard to beat heavily modded banshees but you can't compare something that has 5000 in the engine to something that is basically stock. That's like comparing apples to oranges. Now I'm not saying with the same amount of money in the yfz that it would beat a banshee but it might and I'm sure people didn't buy the yfz just to drag race because if they did they probably bought the wrong quad.
I'm not talking about 5,000 at all. I understand that. It'll take a lot less then that. I have seen them ride. One had pipes and a k&N and it was not that fast. Not much more then a piped raptor.
All I'm saying is some of these videos are bull. I mean a ported shee with nitros got killed. Are you kidding me.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

With enough work sure the Banshee is fastest. Dollar for dollar it's fastest too. My Raptor eats up most mildly modded Banshees without any problems at all so it's a really subjective question. Your buddies piped shee would be looking at my tail light in a drag but a well built shee would feed me sand all day long.

Quick Reply: is a banshee the fastest or what!!!!!