Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

Learn to fix it. Seriously. I just picked my quad up from a full service at the dealer (oil, filter, plug, adjust everything, etc. (Can you believe $5 for a friggin o-ring?!)). The price tag was $250+. I pre-paid on this plan they have so it doesn't come out of my pocket every time, but DAMN. 3 Hrs, my a**. I dropped it off at 9am, they called at 12:01. And there was other stuff in front of mine. Definately learn the meaning of Stealer right there.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

ya man! i am 13 and i bought my own warrior, ive bean cutting lawns 4 3 years and it payed off, also i spen't $30 on a repair manual and it showes me every thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

You can LEARN ALLOT just using the computer you are on now. Do some searching and leave your dad alone, I bet he would like to know you are learning to take care of your toys. Go to this forum and search or even google. Try it.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i know how to change the oil.... i'm not that stupid...i got mine this summer and been making payments every month... + time is not na issue for me ima leave it there 4 like 2 weeks...

Old 03-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

when I got my bike I didnt know a thing about it. But after paying yamaha to give me a new top end and having to dish out 400 bucks I said the Heck with that. Now on my spair time i read the service mannual and check things out on the quad. Now i do all my own work my self, you'll be suprised on how much you can learn just buy looking at somthing and taking it apart. You can use common sence to figure out how most things on a bike work, they are pretty simple.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Range Rover

With a attitude like yours I can see why your dad doesn't want to help you, GROW UP!

Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

yeah dude for real grow up and be thankful for wut u got.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

your daddy pay for your supporting membership too? if you didnt bash the SH*T out of your skidplate you wouldnt need a new one so quit b*tchin. If you lived near me id come slash your tires and slap you silly for wasting everybodys time with your spoiled remarks. Second one in this form this week

Old 03-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

man you better count your blessings, I work 2 jobs to keep enough gas in the tank

Old 03-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

jeez people chill, i dont think he really meant his dad was f(_)cking lazy, it prolly wasnt meant to be taken literally, people get frustrated sometimes (especially if you have a short fuse like me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] ) and it sounds like they are being a brat, but in this case, i dont really think so, he did say he was paying for his quad...

Quick Reply: my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(