Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

He is also not disrespecting hi atv in any way in his photo album. Atv's where made to get a little dirty. Come on now

Old 03-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

he was not wearing a helmet that not safe lol j/p

Old 03-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

It was nice of your dad to buy it it. Did he say he was going to take care of it? Maybe he's waiting for you to show some responsability. You can type and you can read. Hit the internet, check out the library, buy a manual. Look at the pictures and your bike before you start to tear it down. Could be a great learning experience. You'll find the majority of the people on the forums do their own work. Most of us didn't go to a special school for it, just use common sense and if you're not sure, come on here and ask. Just no whinning.

Old 03-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

well i wanted my parents to help me get a loan so i could get another quad so my brother and I could go out riding at the same time, so i sat down with them and talked to them about it, but basically the answer i got was no, so now instead of me b!tchin n moanin to them, i've learned that i'm going to have to settle for somethin that i can afford myself

Old 03-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know what the actual situation is with how he (or anyone for that matter) got the quad or who is a f-ing cheapo but I do know three things that will get you riding again.

Repair manual

Used stuff (ebay?)

Some sweat

Anything beyond that you can look at as a luxury or just another tool you have to buy instead of a part. Theres enough web sites to answer those questions you cant figure from the manual and also to find good prices on what ever you need.

Just a thought but if you bent the stk plate you were not really running a plate anyhow, its not much better than not running one at all.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:05 AM
Range Rover

Oh by the way the dude loses in the race, so lose the long a$$ sig.
i wondered when someone would notice his dumb sig along with most of his pointless posts.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Popular Mechanics 15mm socket & ratchet from Wal-Mart = $15
5 quarts of 10W-40 quaker state = $10
Arctic Cat oil filter = $11
1 gallon oil catch can = $4
Filter wrench = $4

Putting up a crybaby post on an ATV forum when you can afford a $130 a month payment, and getting assaulted with negative feedback....... Freakin Priceless!!!

Old 03-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Range Rover

Popular Mechanics 15mm socket & ratchet from Wal-Mart = $15
5 quarts of 10W-40 quaker state = $10
Arctic Cat oil filter = $11
1 gallon oil catch can = $4
Filter wrench = $4

Putting up a crybaby post on an ATV forum when you can afford a $130 a month payment, and getting assaulted with negative feedback....... Freakin Priceless!!!
ROFLMFO!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2004, 05:46 AM
Pro Rider

^ preach it brother... I'm saving for mine, ill be fixing it, ill be maintaining it, ill be loving it, ill be respecing it. You should be more greatfull and respectful to your dad. Alot of people dont have one.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i dont think you guys see the point here...
he does make his quad payment, he just doesnt have the cash to fix it. i realize he needs to "grow up" but at 15 how many of you were payin for a quad and gettin it fixed w/o help from mom or dad?
unless there is some finacial situations that we dont know about at home... than i think his father could loan him the cash to get it done.

Quick Reply: my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(