Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

put a request in for more hours, get a second job, don't spend your money on useless crap. Don't whine about having to make payments on stuff either, i pay for insurance, registration, and gas on my truck (and gas payments > all lol) all on my part time job.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

Originally posted by: AngryHampster
put a request in for more hours, get a second job, don't spend your money on useless crap. Don't whine about having to make payments on stuff either, i pay for insurance, registration, and gas on my truck (and gas payments > all lol) all on my part time job.
Well I see what appears a 15 year old with a 1966 or so Polara, Sell the car and fix up the machine. Read the owners manual on the machine it will tell you how to change the oil. The offer to do extra around the house for $ to buy oil and filter. Do the work agreed upon and THEN get paid! That will teach your dad you really are responsible and care for your things. You might even get him to help if your "GOOD".
My son bought his own car. Learn to be a man by finding the right answers and quit wining. You see how well it goes over here or any where!

Old 03-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

i came from a poor family..anything i wanted i worked for! and i did my chores for free never charged my family. same goes for my son he dosnt get paid to do chores he does it out of respect for my wife and I. sure i give him money once in awile but it is not because of the chores he does for us its because of the way he treats us!
and if you dont have the cash you really dont need it anyways.

EX- if you have a quad and cant afford to take care of it you dont really need it then, simple as that.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

angryhamster its totally difrent for you you are older and probobly make way more then him. A second job i dont even think is legal. Hes still in school {im guessing} paying for your gas for your truck did you buy it? So stop disresecting him like he is lazy, He pays his payments and is not whining about it.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Work!!!cant have everything. gotta buy your own toys

Old 03-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

Im 15 and i just bought my own. i had a raptor my dad bought me 2 years ago but i said "What the hell hes been great to me" and i gave it to him and got a 400ex [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] JUST TODAY. o ya and im 15 and i saved aobut 5800, its not hard to find a job. Just work when u can and do what u can. I made about 5800 in i dunno a year and a half. Your Father bought you a Quad, what have you done for him? and no b!tching doesnt count...

Old 03-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

who puts dinner on your plate? your dad right? so dont discourage him because he cant drive you!!!! Your too young anyway right how old do you have to be to ride the quad i think 16 right lol your too young anyway but chilli had a rappy when i was 15 so dun take this seriously!!! -Matt-

Old 03-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

My folks grounded me for takin' apart my bike to "fix it". So I had to stuff the tolls under my shirt to make it better......... REad up, talk to people on "How". and be patient. Dealers are too pricey.... so I see where he is coming from. Take machine shop, or get to be buddies who have welders!

Old 03-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: rbarchi
My folks grounded me for takin' apart my bike to "fix it". So I had to stuff the tolls under my shirt to make it better......... REad up, talk to people on "How". and be patient. Dealers are too pricey.... so I see where he is coming from. Take machine shop, or get to be buddies who have welders!

now that is truly genuine,,,and hilarious........right on

I guess some folks just want to protect their investment/warranty,,,,,,,,

some like working on em by themselves

and then there are those that should never even own tools........and so on

Speedy,,,,,,,work a deal with dad and Pops too,,,,,,,,figure out what they need from you for your maintinence to get done properly.
Its called negotiating/bargaining.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2004, 02:40 AM
Range Rover

Bottum line, If you dont know a little as to how to work on one you dont need one. Unless you got deep pockets dont bother getting one. its better to learn how to do it yourself.

I went threw that crap with my truck and my stereo system. Either go to Stereo shops and get screwed or buy what you need and do it yourself. You'll be gald you did, i know i am.

If i was his dad i'd take it from him or sale if i heard him talking like that. Then he would see, but he is typing Courage, wouldnt dare say that to his old man, but crys on hear when we dont want to hear it....

Quick Reply: my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(