Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

o year ago iwould have killed for a atv. finally my parents help me buy one. i still make payments but there paying for some of it.
be thankfull you have one. i know what its like to want parts too, all winter im out of a job. but i find odd jobs to do and make a few bucks during the off season.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(

The sad part is that I would think that Dad could probably struggle through the valve adjustment on a warrior....even if he has next to no clue. But I'm sure that that would never be good enough Dad not being a Yami mechanic and all.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

When I turned 16 (almost 10yrs ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], my parents bought me an older Moto-4 200, and I was so happy to finally have my own quad they started telling me to stop wasting water washing it once daily after riding.....And I know I'm lucky to have them spoil me (even today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). My father was a mechanic in the Army for 22.5 years, so anything that broke he showed me how to fix. After school when we lived in Ft Meade, MD, I could hang out at the motor pool w/ him and watch tank engines be rebuilt, and the same at Ft. Lewis, WA, watch 2 1/2 tons be stripped and repaired, so I picked up alot before I was ten. Right now the little one (6 years old) helps me change oil and plugs and stuff on my cars and even helped me rebuild my Zilla (mostly as a "go-fer").

Anyway, some of my friends are clueless about mechanics, and their fathers aren't around or are clueless themselves, so they are all-around screwed (such as my cousin who removed the tranny pan from his car to change the engine oil-no joke). And my old man doesn't understand "hopping" things up to make them perform better, just maintainance and repairs to keep them like new. So maybe your old man doesn't feel your quad needs to be worked on, like mine doesn't feel I need a $400 exhaust. Its just the way some people are, so take the time to learn what you can to do stuff your sellf. Lucky for you, you got a wealth of knowledge right at your fingertips and your in the right place to ask......

As far as valve adjustments on the warrior, take off the 2 covers above the exhaust and the intake boot on either side off the head, loosen the nuts on the rockers, bump the motor till the valves are closed, and tighten the screws w/ a small adjustable wrench untill there is just a little teeny bit of play, and tighten the nuts back down. That'll be close enough to get you started. And to change the oil, take out the big plug at the bottom of the motor, and change the filter. Lefty loosy, righty tighty, beef, its whats for dinner, we love the subs, coz they are good to us.........

Old 03-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hozed
i dont think you guys see the point here...
he does make his quad payment, he just doesnt have the cash to fix it. i realize he needs to "grow up" but at 15 how many of you were payin for a quad and gettin it fixed w/o help from mom or dad?
unless there is some finacial situations that we dont know about at home... than i think his father could loan him the cash to get it done.
No ****.....for all we know his father spends all the welfare checks for booze and drugs. When my cousin was 15 he worked his a$$ off to buy my TBlazer because his dad and step dad would rather spend $ on Buds, and he worked his a$$ off again to buy my QZ.

Old 03-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

He makes the payment.. Let him go his dad could help him out a bit now come on. Im confused on what you need done though?

Old 03-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

yea me too whats wrong with it if i were you id get so pissed off at him one night and say to hell with it and drive it to the dealer and when you get cought start crying and say i got so mad at you for not taking me and i had to or if you dont get cought your in luck!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: Hozed
i bet you did...
construction is hard work... in fact i put a 16D nail right through my finger today with the nail gun...
yup it is

at least you shot yourself

my employee shot a 16 into my finger the long way (under the finger nail and between the skin and bone

I hate jobsite injuries,,,,,it makes it all not worth it

Old 03-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Bing ive been a carpenter for 17yrs and that sounds almost as painful
as cutting oneself. How did you get your hand that close to a nailgun
someone else was holding? And is he still working for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] By the way
how busy are you out west? Speedy i am 35 and i just got my first quad ,even
if your thread was posted out of anger you should still have more respect for your father
than to post what you did.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

Not to be hurtful, but I had to work to get whatever toys I wanted, and it made me appreciate them much more. Go out and get a job, or if you're too young to get one then get a paper route, mow lawns, rake leaves, what ever you can to earn money as I sure wouldn't buy my son toys like you have, he can earn his own just as I did and most respectful people have. Heck, even the words you called him show just how disrespectful you are. Say that in my house and you wouldn't be able to sit down or talk for a while as your butt would be sore and you would have a definate soap tast in your mouth!!

Old 03-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

how old are you? get somone else take yo in there truck to the dealer

Quick Reply: my dad's cheap and won't take my quad into the dealer to get serviced :(