Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee problem. Updated.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee problem.

i got my banshee running but when your going in any gear and pull the clutch in the engine speed never goes down it just revs high. but then when i get it to slow down, by letting the clutch out a little, it wont idle at all. also when i'm going down the road it cuts in and out.
im pretty sure some of it is a jetting problem i just wondered if anyone knew exactly what the deal is.
and also in about a week i should be getting a tors eliminator kit from vito's performance to get rid of those stupid tors that dont work.

Old 03-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Range Rover
Default Banshee problem.

i just was reading some stuff on banshee jetting and it said that there was a small tube that connected the chokes on the two carbs together and if that is not in place your banshee will run like crap. well i finally found out what that mystery tube was that i found on the ground after i took my carbs off for the first time. lol

i guess i will find out tomorrow if that was the problem

Old 03-11-2004, 02:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Banshee problem.

let me know how that works out for u brad

Old 03-11-2004, 07:50 AM
Range Rover
Default Banshee problem.

brad? whos that?

Old 03-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Range Rover
Default Banshee problem. Updated.

i got the tube in place then synched(spelling) that carbs together, they were way off, then tried to adjust the idle speed that best i could and it ran pretty good the rpms came right down after i let off the throttle. then it got to operating temp and now the dang thing wont idle again. and it still cuts in and out when u go down the road (pretty annoying cause your body is always jerking when it does it)

when i synched them in i had to move the left carb up quite a ways and turned the idle on the left carb all the way down then i just turned the idle up on the right one but the carbs are still not level with each other but the pull up and close at the same time. am i going about this the wrong way? is the cutting out (actually it feels like its just missing) the jetting?

Old 03-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Would this have anything to do with the TORS ? I heard someone talking about them the other day and they said when they went bad it would cause your idle speed to go sparatic. Do you still have the TORS system on your Banshee?

Old 03-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By chance someone hasnt pulled the carb tops off and got them in the wrong sides, do they? That would have the slides in backwards and they wont idle or run right. I have personally seen it happen before.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

actually i figured it out after i looked a little closer at it
when i synced the carbs the first time i only looked at the left adjuster and it was in all the way. when i looked at it closer i looked at the right one and it was out all the way! so i screwed that one in all the way then adjusted the left one out just a little. after i got it set just right i tightened it down then looked at the two slides and the right one was way high again! i was like wtf it shouldnt be up when its in all the way and the idle screw in all the way. then i looked at the cable where it splits into two and the cable was popped out. so finally after about 3-4 tries i got them set right and got the two cables to stay seated. then i got the bike started and got the idle set and it finally IDLES!!!

man someone really should design a cable that locks where it splits cause those will never stay in the same spot when the bike is vibrating will its running

so finally i got to run my quad with out having to worry bout it stalling or idleing high [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

but when i was riding it it was still missing...but after bout 10 minutes in the back field when i was climbing a hugh hill (my favorite one)that thing just took off!!! i was like wtf. i rode around a little more and man if felt like another bike!! it had soooo much power so i took it down the road man it was faster but it still missed a little but once in a while not as much as what it used to do but its off to work now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
so i will see if it still the same tomorrow. hopefully