Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004 | 04:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums

The fastest 4 stroke is Kelly's 4.2 quad that i have seen a published time. In its current form it is only a groomed track runner but fast is fast.

Guys like scooby, thebom, dunedevil, raptorrc, mario, the raptorman,crafty,zoombie,dsmike,howard stern,king,hargrove,650warrior,ernie, dollarbillz,ubetrn, sam coeds and 20 others are head and shoulders abouve most built bikes out there and can go to the strip, hills or trails with very few or no changes.

Fast last year may not be fast this year. I have seen bob craycraft ship 4 or 5 motors out this year to california, loisianna, north carlina that are completely insane and i do not think the owners post on the net. What is done to those motors is nuts and the price tag for the work done exceedes the cost of the quad new. One full meal deal 727 went to a 15 year old in california.

The rooster was pretty fast but he bailed and went to 2 smokes!!!!!! Why rooster, why????

I know i have left out a lot of fast guys on here and the ones i listed were in no particular order. Most of the guys that post here rule the dragstrip that they go play at.

HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?? How deep is your wallet?? 2 years ago 67 hp was a lot but now that is mid pack. I am amazed at the number of raptors that Bob has built and i know that other builders built a bunch also.

Old 03-25-2004 | 04:45 AM
Pro Rider

I wish I were closer to you guys, I wanna race it up! I'd give some of 'em a good run, I guarantee it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2004 | 12:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

CAptain Carl.

Whats your weapon of choice? Rappy,Banshee,DS? YFZ? If your gonna claim victory , give us some details on your Quads.

Kelley's Rappy has definately set the bar on the 300' sand trac.

Bigger.

Old 03-25-2004 | 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I know for a FACT that I absolutly have the FASTEST RAPTOR BY FAR (on my street).

Old 03-27-2004 | 12:17 AM
|
Pro Rider

Lets here it now. SLOWEST ATV"S lol i tihnk i will take that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2004 | 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

dsmike dont ride much anymore all thier bikes are for sale

Old 03-27-2004 | 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

you could be in my boat......... just being fast.....but not fast enough ! a guy i know just bought a ds from out of state and hes gunnin for all us guys from my area....as well as dirtworx from grand island(builds some wicked fast shees) and im sure robertson cycle hasnt been hibernating over the winter either!

Old 03-27-2004 | 04:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: RoostinOnYou
I hate to break it to you guys and i dont know what has been done since mario had that 720 ds but myself on my703, DSmike on his black and yellow bikes, scoobydfw, hurycne on his stage2 1/2, all outran that 720 bike on several occasions. it was outran by a couple of raptors around here if i remember correctly. oops almost forgot i think biggerisbetter got it also. not talking trash about mario or his bike by no means, but if it is anything close to the same motor it was you guys have yet to see fast four strokes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I just read this thread, and thanks for some of the props that were given to me fellas... Im kinda surprised. I know theres always faster bikes than me. And I dont by any means think im the fastest, But it is getting faster and faster every chance I get.

Roostin--- Stacys old DS has not been running (I guess the one that you raced) I snapped the crank on it. I had another motor built IMO by One of the best mechs ive EVER had work for me "the preacher" (very, very maticulous) And I would hate to say it but the two bikes are not even comparable. ON GAS my new motor is about a PROVEN 10-15 lengths fastet on the hill than purple one on alky (on the hill). And also accelorates MUCH faster. & ALot more stuff has been done to my black motor and the bike is alot lighter.

Did you race the bike in my picture page, Thats the one that runs better.

I also am in the process of building a 300ft drag strip on 25 acres right of of the freeway I-15 and lake mead. I then will get some time slips and I will have all the time in the world to run 300ft, I have no Idea what times it runs. But will know soon.

Example-On the left hand side of comp hill I was about 1-2 bike lengths behind the Black FSW TI Sparks raptor w/ luchmoney on it, He got the holeshot ( I double clutched due to front end up ) but I was gaining. I have made changes since then for the better, he may still beat me, who knows.. The real deal fast sparks bikes (the ones you rarely see out) will surprise some of you from midwest. Honestly, they are not to be taken lightly...But I know you guys have some very fast bikes also out there in Texas, I just wanted to clear the air on what "DS" im running these days..

Old 03-27-2004 | 04:59 AM
Pro Rider

CaptainCarl, again I will state bring your fastest quad to the Aledo Nationals and the real south could show you who is fast or faster. Or you just might whip us all!!!!

Old 03-28-2004 | 07:55 PM
|
Pro Rider

Come on now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] im still waiting for slowest atv on the forums lets here them guys by little brothers zinger will do a good job for that one lol

Quick Reply: Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums