Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums

The fastest bike on this forum isnt a raptor.

Old 03-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats the truth.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
The fastest bike on this forum isnt a raptor.
I don't think the fastest 4-stroke is a Raptor either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Yes, yes. . . I've seen the Sparks Raptor's at 4SW's. I could type all day about my thoughts but, I'll make it quick. . . The hill is more about rider than bike. I know. . . opening a big can of worms. Keep in mind, what I am trying to do is answer the question / topic of this thread.

I don't know about the flat drags as much but, on hill climbs the drag Shees are tough to beat. My bike is no slouch but, the drag Shees are in a different league.

I prefer the question, who has the fastest dunable quad. For a simple reason. . . I like to drag but, I love to Dune. So, a drag Shee doesn't appeal to me. If that's your thing. . . have at it. Just my opinion on what I like to do.

For me to do what I like to do, a 4-stroke is a must. The Raptor would need to have an aftermarket rod, probably a 727/730 etc. I'm happy with my 760 DS. it's fast enought to be the fastest 4-stroke on the hill most weekends (unless Jeff is there) and very very dunable.

Like Annihilater said, The Preacher does something when he puts them together. Even my buddy's Raptor is faster now than it ever was. Preacher only re-built his broken tranny and put it together.

14 is right, fast a year ago isn't competitive today. It is only a matter of time and the 730 kits Mr. HP, TVI are putting together will come down in price and Pami may even offer a jug for easy bolt on. Once this happens the DS could end up being the easier big bore to modify (no rod change needed.)

Word is the new DS's are as fast as Stage 1 DS's of a year ago. There was talk that a revised Raptor engine was coming out next year. Don't know if more power was the goal or if the goal was to beef up some components. . . hopefully both!

Old 09-24-2004, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

i own a 2001 black and white raptor that eats banshees and special editon preds 400 ex's you name it i dont even hit 5th to to win the drag.My raptor tops out at 78 mph no its not stock i have a full CT racing pipe k&n filter and jets gyt-r pro flow kit 15 tooth front and 40 rear tooth sprocks so what ever you fools on the other bikes are claiming best be checking your shiit and come race this....AND THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY BOUT THIS BEATING RAPTOR BS THAT I'V BEEN READING..........NOW WHAT ???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 04:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

youre slow and you still dont have the fastest bike on the forums.

Old 09-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

LMAO!

Old 09-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

skirk your 0-1 for posts that's what I think.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: skirk
i own a 2001 black and white raptor that eats banshees and special editon preds 400 ex's you name it i dont even hit 5th to to win the drag.My raptor tops out at 78 mph no its not stock i have a full CT racing pipe k&n filter and jets gyt-r pro flow kit 15 tooth front and 40 rear tooth sprocks so what ever you fools on the other bikes are claiming best be checking your shiit and come race this....AND THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY BOUT THIS BEATING RAPTOR BS THAT I'V BEEN READING..........NOW WHAT ???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
your talking wiyth the big boyz now skirt! 78 mph soooooo! mine did 75 right out the box SKIRT!

Old 09-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

I can hit that in 300ft! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL

Old 09-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

my raps got 81.3 mph wooohoooo lol

Quick Reply: Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums