Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums

it was nowhere near that he must be talking about something else or just making it up.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

If you guys don't think he could go 94 in 150 ft, read this darwin awards winner. He had a JATO rocket.

Darwin awards

Old 10-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
If you guys don't think he could go 94 in 150 ft, read this darwin awards winner. He had a JATO rocket.

Darwin awards
Edson C. Hendricks says, "Baffles me why anyone would believe the JATO story, because it's physically implausible. Attaching a modern JATO to an automobile so that it will not tear free on firing would be a remarkable engineering feat. Anyone smart enough to accomplish that, would also be smart enough to be nowhere near when the JATO is fired! Leaving that aside, as long as the car stays on the ground, the wheels would have sufficient friction to keep the motion straight, although they would probably lack the traction to maintain stability. Once the contraption became airborne, there would be NOTHING to stabilize the flight. Those doodads on airplanes like wings and tail assemblies are not only for style, but to keep the aircraft level. An airborne automobile propelled by an attached JATO would slam nose down into the ground in very short order." (JATO Unit Photo: Courtesy of Jean and NASA.)

I'm just guessing that this isn't the same type of rocket that afterburner is using! LOL

If you read all that... It says down below that it isn't a true story...

Was a fun read though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, right below the title, at the top it says, darwin confirm bogus.

Though it would cheer this post up. a lot of people have hurt feeling thinking they had the fastest ATV. FYI, it's here in Maine.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

when i saw it run i was not impressed at all i think it was running above 5.0 in 300ft

Old 10-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

so maybe beech was right....again

Old 10-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scrambler123
when i saw it run i was not impressed at all i think it was running above 5.0 in 300ft
Well Gee, sorry we didn't impress ya, we'll set out to try harder next year with the 2K rocket thruster
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

In all fairness, it depends on when you saw it run. We did run it during the test and tune day at low fives on only one injector to make sure it would ignite and perform. When Les (ASDA) let me open it up to full power during the evening runs, the times were right on. So, unless the ASDA timing equipment is flawed and the time slips are misprints, we stand by our claims. And like I said earlier, come to Prim, NV on March 20th to see it run at over 100+ MPH. No BS, no chest thumping, just plain simple facts and an oppoprtunity for anyone to see it and have some fun with us. I realize it's hard to swallow, the rocket on an ATV concept is pretty ludicrous. Keep something in mind, this thing accelerates slowly at fist and then gains momentum exponentially. It was really designed to run at open, long distances at top speeds (think Bonneville). But, before everyone starts Darwinizing me, watch for the December Dirt Wheels. It'll be highlighted in there with a larger story to come in the spring.

Hey, it's all about having fun anyways. I can't please 'em all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what was your ET when you got a good pass on it

Old 10-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
i went to dunefest 2 years ago and got sick of being harassed for alcohol and the general blm were enough to make me never want to come back. But i still run the asda races in yuma and primm

Beech isnt jealous...its still a raptor...lol
Not to fill up this thread with Dunefest stuff, but consider coming up next year (2005). I have been working with the Reedsport Chamber, Fullbore and some others to fix past problems. I can pretty much guarantee the alcohol ban at the gate will be gone. You can camp with it, but no riding with it (fair enough), next, there will be more entertainment and additional race events, possibly even a small GP style race. We are even trying to get some exhibition stunt riders to put on a show. Start watching the Dunefest site around February for details or PM me. You being her would be a force to contend with, but I bet the Oregon guys, such as MP Racing, LRD and DTR would like to take a shot at ya for top honors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

This is a huge topic to try and keep up on....LOL. Pred bashing, Alba rocket raptor, banshee's, 300ft times, 150ft times, speeds, and so on and so forth.

Quick Reply: Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums