Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior cam and piston ??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior cam and piston ??????

Boxhead when you used the big bear cap do you just have to run a pressure and a return line and the oil cooler of your choice with this setup or is there anything else you need to do?

Old 03-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

That's basically all. The lines I used are actually 50 PSI fuel and emission lines, and are 5/16" instead of 11/32" (about 4ft of it for both, the pressure and return) which will require oiling the barbed fittings on the cooler to slip the hose ends on. The reason I used that size of line was because I could only find that size of barbed adapter with the same thread type as the oil cap (don't forget to use teflon tape on them, like plumbing, when screwing them into the oil cap). You will need to have someone lend you the pliers needed to compress that circlip to go inside the cap's middle silver part. This circlip will fit in a slot in there and will hold the washer, spring, and plug under pressure. It would be wise to double check and make sure you have everything in that picture from alba of the cap and everything inside it, and the right qty also (you dont need those oem adapters that screw in the cap for AN fittings). Its just a recommendation to use that universal atv oil cooler from Perma Cool, since it will fit under the hood without being exposed to the outside and drop the engine oil temp by at least 40 degrees. To mount it there it is necessary to trim up the hood like mine with a razor (use pressing motions, not slashing!). You will need some window screen to cover the the hood like on mine as you saw, or something similar also. The cooler itself will mount diagonally between those two front tabs and the bar the headlight fixture mounts to using only zip ties. The cooler is actually the perfect size to rest right against those tabs and not extend past them. One thing you must do is make sure the end of the cooler with the hoses faces up so the cooler always hold oil for quick lubing after starting the engine. You will notice the lines will curve right down the frame (watch that exhaust line) and through the frontmost engine mount (perfect!!!). That's basically all you need to do, and if you need any more info feel free to ask (don't hesitate to cut up the hood, it's very simple and you can even use mine for a template, just take your time).

Old 04-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Range Rover

hey boxhead where do i get the oil cooler for the warrior

Old 04-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Get the parts from Alba, and get the universal atv oil cooler from Perma Cool at AlamoMotorsports.com

Old 04-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I am going to be burchasing a cam some time this sumer so some feadback on what cam you decide to use and how it works would be nice