Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dumont Trip Report.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004 | 01:41 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Dumont Trip Report.

Well I went to dumont over the past weekend and had an awsome time. With the new clutch and the new gearing, it felt like i was pulling alot faster. During the day it was starting to get pritty toasty, so I would say the season is starting to come to an end for dumont.

Problems:
1. I went through 2 chains this weekend. I had the chain rollers off of the quad for a while now, and havn't had a problem with the chain until this weekend. The chain came off two times, and then broke when a rock got in the chain. The 2nd chain wouldnt stay on either. So looks like I'm putting the rollers back on.

2. Raptor backfired one time when starting and blew the carbs off, had to fix that. After that sometimes when I start the quad it makes a bad noise. I don't know how to describe it other than it doesn't sound healthy (one way maybe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img])

3. I lost two paddles off of one of my haulers, they just ripped clean off. Looks like I will have to get some for next season.

4. Oil leaking from either the seal behind the sprocket, or from where the shifting linkage goes into the case. I'll look into this more from the garauge and find out.

5. I don't know if it is a problem or not, but there were some bubbles in my oil when I checked the oil on the oil ressy, I don't know what it means.

Either way, its getting hot, and im going to be getting the wrench out this summer until it cools off. I hope to send my head into craycraft, or some other shop to get some good headwork done. Also hoping to get a +2 swing arm, and a new axle, with new hubs as well. Any advice on which to get would be welcome.

Despite all of the problems this weekend I still had an awsome time.

Old 03-30-2004 | 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XxDumontRaptorxX
Despite all of the problems this weekend I still had an awsome time.
Good to hear!!

Old 03-30-2004 | 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

All that matter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]