Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How do you guys think i'll match up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you guys think i'll match up?

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
Hiram no offense but your bike was not tuned right, i had the mildest set up and never felt like that once, yea there are bikes that beat you but nobody was killing me to where i would sell the bike ....I can only tell you that my friend sixsixt had my bike tuned real nice and i cant wait to be pushing over 70HP on the next build i hope, well se what happends when i line up again,,
None taken, your problably right about my bike being tuned right, but I sure did try, even had to drill open some main jets since I could not find them big enough and had to mod my carb to supply increased flow that was demanded and it ran real hard and had almost a 2 stroke pull going into the higher RPM's so I know it was running pretty good and it was GPS'ed at 86.4 but some of the guys down here take this racing to a different level with highly modded drag quads that are campable running over 100 MPH in the 1/8 mile and will never admit to there mods and if they could they would tell you it's stock just to get a race and a good laugh after they beat you. It's like a day at the horse track with all the wagering that goes on before a race down here, let me say one important thing all this drag racing is going on a dry asphault drag strip.

And like BigBubba said a Banshee on a trail is a handful but sure fun as hell if you like to live dangerously.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaptBags
Am I gonna need a extended Swingarm? The Raptor was wheelie happy with just the pipe and, Jets and, K&N. I hope not, i like to be able to do all kinds of riding w/ my quad, having a ext swing will take the handling away!

I hope you like power wheelie's. Since your build is similar to mine, you're gonna have a heck of a time keeping the front end down. The stock arm is also gonna severely hurt your drag racing ability. Most of the Banshee beating's I've given were right from the start. Where I've hooked and left while the built Shee's were still spinning.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rider means more than hp. Last weekend I got beat by a piped & jetted banshee & a piped yfz by a bike & a half-length each. Then my buddy who used to race banshees said let me try the rappy. He raced each three times apiece. He beat the shee all three times. The yfz beat him the first time he beat the yfz two times. It’s a stock raptor with the baffle pulled.
All rider.

Old 04-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Well, it is being done as i type, mods are in the works, i can't wait! I'm dying here! I want it done right but i also want it ASAP!

If i bought one of those JTM Extensions do you think it would suffice? Or, would my big 240 pound rearend buckle it? Would my Jumping and, handling suffer?

Old 04-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Depending on porting you may run with some of them. They are not running in frame drag pipes are they? The only way too spank them all is too buy a Banshee.

Old 04-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

HP numbers are ALWAYS inflated at the strip, I have never had my bike on a Dyno, but I know I can hand a 105HP banshee his A$$ at the strip... Now something tells me that he's not turning a true 105HP LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have no idea what the Drag-N machine turns out as far as HP numbers but I do know that there are only two or three Banshees at the strip that can run with me. These guys turn low 4 runs consistently though!

I guess what I am trying to say is its not all about HP#s its about getting that HP set up right and transferring the power to the ground!

Good luck with introducing the ping ping boys to the power of the TUNDER! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

I have no problems with banshees and it's funny how they think they are so fast, but time will tell with the new build and i know one thing i dont want to get beat,,LOL...

Old 04-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

so basically you guys are saying that its fonna take every bit of his mods to beat a piped banshee?
Prior to now i owned a piped raptor and i was beating all kinds of bolt on banshees. I dont think alot you people are giving his bike enough credit

Old 04-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

bassetboy55... If you look at his post he isn't racing "piped" shees, a few of them have some extensive mods and one is bored to a 400cc... So I would say a few of these shees are running pretty good! If it were just a piped shee then I would would agree that a Rappy with those mods should blow them away!

Old 04-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone have input on the JTM Swingarm Question above?

Quick Reply: How do you guys think i'll match up?