Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How do you guys think i'll match up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you guys think i'll match up?

Untill this week I had a piped Raptor. Today it is on its flight to the race shop. I'm getting a Port/Polish, Valve job, bigger valves, 686 bore, 12:5:1 piston, Carbs Massaged, stage 2 cam, Kibble springs, Carillo Rod and, heavy duty clutch/springs intalled. I hope all this money and, down time will make me top dog amongst my freinds. How fast should this be? I know different factors may vary it slightly but?

My Buddies all have Banshees (give or, take) W/ Toomey T5's, bigger carbs, higher comp domes, lighter pistons, Trinity Cool Heads or, shaved heads, Stage 4 porting, Boysen V force reeds and, whatever you do to the cages, and, a few other misc performance things. Another has same but 400cc's. another has a YFZ450 w/ pipe, jets, proflow/K&N.

How should i stack up. I haven't ran against them since last year when my bike was stock and, the Banshees would walk me by like 10 bikes in 2-300 ft. what do you think the Banshees HP is coming in at? And, what will mine be roughly? Thanks for you guesses, I can't wait! I'm like an Expectant Mother here and, it just left!!!!!

Love to hear your experiences!

Old 03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

you will have a nice bike when all done no doubt, but them banshee's are fast little buggers![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You will definetly move up the ranks of your friends. I'm doubting you'll beat a 400cc banshee, but some of the others with pipes, and minor work you should have no problem with. You shouldn't have a problem beating a piped YFZ either. But you will have to get your jetting correct, and everything tuned so you can get the best possible performance. If your not close to what you need to be running, you will be beaten easy. It just takes alittle tinkering though, and you will be fine.

Goodluck with the 686....and who is doing your work?

Old 03-30-2004, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

what are some of the HP #'s for these bike setups and, their mods? The 400cc Banshee owner seems to think he is at 85+HP and, the others say 70-75+ for theirs. Is this possible? If so, you'll have to have a Blown-Alcohol Raptor to get close! i think they are FOS!

Old 03-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

yeah the ones with just 350s and worked dont have 75 hp. They will probaly have between 60 to like 66 hp give or take but dont know bout the 400cc one. But with complete bot ons w/ good jetting can give u like 10 horse on the stock raptor and with motor mods it will be very quick. GOOD LUCK w/ it.

Old 03-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaptBags
what are some of the HP #'s for these bike setups and, their mods? The 400cc Banshee owner seems to think he is at 85+HP and, the others say 70-75+ for theirs. Is this possible? If so, you'll have to have a Blown-Alcohol Raptor to get close! i think they are FOS!
those numbers sound inflated.........
if not ...........you will hav eyour *** handed to you from all of them........

Old 03-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

I dont see a problem, and that's from experience ....it took a real fast banshee to beat me which get's you all happy........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

1BadRaptor- Could you be a little more Clear? are you saying you don't see a problem w/ me beating them or, them beating me?

I just wondered how thier HP could be so high when from what i've read - Highly modded Raptors are lucky to see 60HP?

i think there is a lot of BS involved. I'd love to hear some real world comparo's to a bike modded close to the same as mine will be shortly!

Old 03-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

A highly modded 350 banshee "can" have 75 hp, but that dosent mean it will. They are probably just looking at somone else hyped dyno numbers with similar mods then taking a biased guess on theirs. People are so full of "it" when it comes to hp numbers. And what the heck is stage 4 porting? marketing crap. I could drill a hole in my motor and call it stage 10 porting.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
A highly modded 350 banshee "can" have 75 hp, but that dosent mean it will. They are probably just looking at somone else hyped dyno numbers with similar mods then taking a biased guess on theirs. People are so full of "it" when it comes to hp numbers. And what the heck is stage 4 porting? marketing crap. I could drill a hole in my motor and call it stage 10 porting.
exactly........
a PROPERLY tuned 350 Banshee COULD reach 75hp.....but it isn't very likely being as 2 strokes are so tempermental with jetting......and unless your buddies stay on top of the temperature and altitude changes I highly doubt they would be running at optimum power..........

My hypothesis is you will probably put 3-4 lenghts on the 350s and the 400 will be closer........
if they are over confident they will be sorely mistaken the first time they get them a little of that monster thumper.......

Quick Reply: How do you guys think i'll match up?