Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WARRENTY WORK: PLEASE REPLY!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2000, 02:58 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am looking for responses from folks that have had warrenty work done on their yamaha's
i would like to hear positive and negative feedbacks. this is in responce to my earlier post "warrior trash" i am trying to educate myself as to how the company has handled other peoples concerns. i feel that im getting screwed and not getting dealt with in good faith. fortionatly for me there are great resources like this forum to communicate with other riders (consumers) like myself.
thanks in advance!

Old 07-18-2000, 09:48 AM
Range Rover

Call Yamaha, If you feel your dealership is not treating you fairly, you may also want to call the Attorney general for your state.

Old 07-19-2000, 06:34 PM
yam
Weekend Warrior

I have had my front bumper and my pinion gear replaced under warranty.
I had to take it to the dealer for the pinion gear, It took them a whopping 4 months to get it done supposedly "waiting for parts," BS. The new gear seems and performs like it is a used part and sometimes slips. Also because we didn't know what was going wrong the dealer opened up the engine and tranny and there is sloppy silicone gasket jobs and oil leaks everywhere now.
By the way I have a 99 beartracker with a few extras on it, oversize titan 489s, itp .190 aluminum wheels, K&N jet kit, filter, and prefilter, handguards, herculiner rack and floorboard coating And a custom bumper and skidplates coming PROBABLY A REBUILD COMING NOW

Old 07-19-2000, 06:54 PM
Range Rover

I just had my wolverine in. It was running awful (sputtering, backfiring, etc..)
They found debris in the carb, looks like i got some bad gas.
I am installing a fuel filter tommorrow.

I took it to a different dealer than I bought it from and they covered it under warranty no problem.

Thank you Port Yamaha, Port Washington, WI

Old 07-20-2000, 04:19 AM
Range Rover

If you really want to know what their work is like go look in their shop. Look at what they have in and are working on. Talk to the mechanics. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the dealer it is just a good or bad mechanic in the shop. You could also talk to the mechanic and express you concerns. He is a human also and will most likley appreciate your concern. Tell him what you expect and ask him to do his best. Be nice not a jerk and you will see good results.
UNLESS he is a total jerk then bag the opperation and head to anouther dealer.

Old 07-20-2000, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

They rebuilt my motor but it took them six months to get the parts and get it done, it was only 3 months old and hardly had any use at that time. It worked good once I got it back in the late fall.

Old 07-20-2000, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

The warranty on my Warrior had been expired for two weeks, when a screw backed out of the clutch assembly somwhere, and did some pretty substantial damage to the clutch basket, among other things. But because I was so close to the warranty expiration, Yamaha picked up the tab for me.