Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior hard startin..

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior hard startin..

yes do what warrior98man said look at your kill switch i got mudd in the starter and mudd in the kill switch and it will no work at all i spit on and moved the kil switch back and forth about 10 times and then your starter should work

hey if its clicking that mean that your battery connection are lose or your battery is pretty much all the way dead. my bayou does that all u hear is a clicking just charge the battery and make sure the connection are tight and if all else fails and nothing works and u want to know if its the battery or the starter take a pair of plyers and put one side on the metal plyer on the celiod or what ever that thing is called and put one on the other connection dont worrie the first time it will spark doesnt mean anything and as long as u have rubber gloves on pull down your coat or wat ever u have on so u dont get shocked dont worred i goted shocked before and it does hurt just feels like a pinch if its does turn over then its your battery if it turns over and it doesnt start still then its your spark plug cuz if its turning over and that it cant be your starter check to see if theres spark and see if its a blue then if that fells check your oil i know if u put to much oil in it wont start and will be a b!tch to start i did that with my raptor would not start until i drain some oil and check to see if there is enough too....well hope this helps
and if that fails check out your carb your floats may be sticking or your lines are clogged .

and like sometimes like warrior98man's his warrior wouldnt start one time cuz he had his choke on he turned it off gave it some gas and started right up.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

u think it's the battery..... theres no noise comong from the starter, it just like clicks/vibrates behinde the back fender, that/ thing ,that comes from the from the battery?/positive?

Old 04-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

this is why i love 2 strokes...... no electricity hahahahaha

Old 04-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

my starter is fried.. the brushes are gone the brush plate is somewhat gone the armaour is burned in one spot.. gettin it rebiult for 100 bucks... you could smell it as soon as u cracked oep the 2 bolts..