Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee vs a predator on pavement drag

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee vs a predator on pavement drag

Yeah no kidding, but the pred and his sport are all polaris, so he knows how to build things. A piped banshee will not beat a piped pred....in sand anyways, after that....yeah ull probably beat me.....but the 2k thing that i said, refers to the fact that doug is beating everyone around, and that is all that is in that quad is 2k. So I would be willing to say that. There is a lot to making a pred faster, that most of you haven't seen, from just messing with the carb.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Who knows??? I got less than 2K in mods want to race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ha yeah......I'm sure he would....I personally don't want to....if I put the 2k into my quad then I would....but I don't have 2k laying around sooo that will have to wait...poo...

Old 04-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

for 2k you could an entirely new engine into a quad

Old 04-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

k....

Old 05-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

hey bradracer you still think you could beat me now??

Old 08-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

lol hey predator guy have u ever rode a banshee its one thing to talk smack if you have rode one but if not er just a kid with a mouth. In my personal experience i have rod a predator a guy up my streat owns one its a nice quad but no way it takes mods like the banshee I raced him lots and on the old rodes we have long races if the rode was dirt he would take off and get 1-2 lengths ahead of me but after about 4 th i start to gain and by 6 th i blow past him

Old 08-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not just talking smack guys, that doesn't get you anywhere......I believe what I say, I realize that the shee is the king.....I am just trying to get some people to realize that the pred is better that a pile of crap like its made out to be. I realize that small mods(pipes) the shee will win, but I was saying with Doug's stage 3 kit in the pred(which we are talking probably about 2500 dollars) I personally think it could beat a shee with equal amount of money into it. After that, the shee would win again.......technology and improvements haven't been that far yet on the pred, so past that point the shee is king again. I have rode a shee, not a highly modded one, but the regular mods(pipes, airbox, carb). I hope he takes the pred somewhere soon, because people are about to find out some stuff. He isn't loosing around here(which aren't real big races either.....but some pretty fast quads...don't know what it is, but he has beat some/stayed with some t-rex shees...and has beat/tied some large rappys too. Some day he will come to the big races, I hope.....he's too busy now. Check out his page(www.nicholascycle.com) he has some new pics in the gallery of the pred. Another thing to think about, if I don't know what I am talking about, and these guys are fast on the preds(here in SW Iowa) then why did Polaris decide to sponsor the first racing team here? Anyways, express some more opinions......I like to hear them and debate the info.

I do realize the shee is the KING....and I respect it a lot. I just think that some quads are "comming closer" to it. I'm sorry, but I don't give the same respect to the rappy, I don't like them. The big ones though are quite fast, but I think the pred is just as fast(or about as fast...within .2-.3sec)

Old 08-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

raptor hater !! but i'am glad you like the banshee. i actually like the sounds of the 2005 pred.

Old 08-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen Banshee accelerate quick on dirt with good tires so I wouldn't rule it out for that. However if you aren't going to sink alot of mods into your quad get the Polaris. It's better overall IMO & faster than a Banshee stock. If you plan on spending lots of money on mods get the Banshee, no other quad (except a 400L maybe) takes to mods like a Banshee.

Quick Reply: banshee vs a predator on pavement drag