Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What about your girlfriends/wives?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about your girlfriends/wives?

My wife was the one that got me into ATV's.. we got the kids their own for xmas last year and now plan on hitting the trails as a family....

Old 04-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

I should of known this thread would take off. My wife likes to ride and is getting better all the time. She even likes to race the hill. She would like her quad to be as fast as mine, but as quite as stock.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

My wife has her own quad but hardly ever rides with me since # 1 she hates to get her hair dirty and knoted up, #2 she hates the wonderful smell of that burning castor oil smell my banshee gives off, #3 I sometimes forget she's riding behind me and roost her but she still would ride if my friend brings his wife so they can ride slow and hang out together but since my friends wife got pregant she hasn't rode so I've been going alone with the guys and tearing it up WOT [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

My wife and I have done lots of hobbies together in the past (we've been married 33 years).
We got into both dirt bikes and atvs as a way to still enjoy the great outdoors without having
to feed and maintain animals on a daily basis.

We try and ride with other couples, married or not, so that we encourage mixed riding in an
effort to balance racing (which is dominated by guys), with recreational riding. That said, we
both like to race, but we are so slow, we make sure that we don't interfere with "real" racers.

I'd say ride with folks that make you happy. It's not fun to ride with anybody that puts you
down or makes you feel miserable. Boyfriend or not!

Old 04-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

My wife likes to ride too, (there's a couple of pics of her on my pic page). She wants a 4X4 now

Old 04-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MissMasterBlaster
What do you guys do when you go ride and your girlfriends want to go? Do any of them ride with you? do any of them have their own bikes?

Im asking because I really started getting into riding when I started dating a guy who had a quadzilla a year and a half ago. Right after, I bought my own bike and quad... and he never wants to let me go. I get the impression that .. if nobody else'se girl friends want to go.. why should I ask to go? When mostly its because the other guys dont have girlfriends.
My wife rides with me all the time. And now our kids too. If he doesn't ask you to go along, get rid of him.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

My wife did/does.
If my pics are approved again, check them out.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

That is to bad he dosen't want you to go. Maybe you could find other couples in your area that ride and try to make trips with them.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:36 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I have to spend as much my wifes quad as I do to mine. She like to ride ALMOST as much as me.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MissMasterBlaster
What do you guys do when you go ride and your girlfriends want to go? Do any of them ride with you? do any of them have their own bikes?

Im asking because I really started getting into riding when I started dating a guy who had a quadzilla a year and a half ago. Right after, I bought my own bike and quad... and he never wants to let me go. I get the impression that .. if nobody else'se girl friends want to go.. why should I ask to go? When mostly its because the other guys dont have girlfriends.
When I first got mine, I used to go all the time. But he has these friends that want to go 100 mile an hour down EVERY TRAIL TO THE END.. and then do it coming back. And i really hate taht cuz theres no enjoyment of riding in it. A few times here and then I ended up flipping down a hill because of huge rocks or something stupid in the way i couldnt get around. It was mostly because of some slight mechanical things that I fixed now... and its summer in PA.. im ready to ride. Now even though my blaster is all ready to go... he still tells me no, other girls dont go. He doesnt want to have to keep any eye on me... just wants to do his thing. And this isnt like every other week.. its ALL WEEKEND EVERY WEEKEND. i never get to go. I get tired of hearing " you're a girl, you're not supposed to do these things"

my sister picks on me "Nemo, you think you can do these things but you cant" lol