Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

this may be a PROBLEM WITH A Hole Shot tires or just the rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004 | 03:21 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default this may be a PROBLEM WITH A Hole Shot tires or just the rider

Yesterday I flipped my warrior and it landed on me. When I checked for damages I discovered a problem with my front passenger side Hole shot tire. The tire had sand and dirt between the rim and the tire. It looked like a small hole between the rim and the tire's bead. The hole was just full of dirt. I cleaned it out with a high pressure sprayer and a dull knife. The tire stilll held air and the rim was not bent. The gap got smaller after cleaning it out. I was just wondering if the tire needs to be re seated against the rim, or is this just normal with Hole Shot tires. The tire is a front 22 inch mxr Hole Shot 03. I don't know what happened. I thought I cushioned the bikes landing pretty well with my body.

04 warrior lots of mods

Old 04-22-2004 | 03:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did you end up OK out of this deal? Good save though! J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004 | 03:31 PM
|
Pro Rider

today im soar a little but nothing tylenol can't fix. I was real lucky. I was chasing a wolverine rider through some tight spots in the woods at St. Joe. I jumped a small hill. when I landed my front left tire landed in a 3 foot rut. Well that through me off the driver side and the bike fliipped right on top of me. I literally caugt the bike and turned it back over really fast. The clutch lever was loose and the tire not seated rigt on the bead. But no problems other than that????

Old 04-22-2004 | 03:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

good to hear your OK....I'm keeping an eye on this thread....Plan on buying Holeshots or something close for my trike in a week or two.

Old 04-22-2004 | 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Usually the dirt and junk doesn't make it all the way to the bead. If you let most of the air out of that tire and push the tire away from the rim then it will come out. Then just air it back up. You won't have to break the bead.

Old 04-22-2004 | 06:24 PM
|
Pro Rider

I listened to your advice by letting out some of the air. I then blew air around the rim and bead. That cleaned out all the sand that was causing the problem. I guess I must have hit something with that tire pretty hard to force dirt next to the bead. Ive been pretty roughf with these tires so far and I have not had any flats. Just this problem.
I also have hole shot rims. They have a couple of nice scratches from hitting rocks but their not bent. Stock rims would have bent already. These Hole shot rims are pretty tuff.