Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Aledo Trailer Park June race update

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aledo Trailer Park June race update

to me, QUICK mainly due to ideal drag chassis setup, override, wheeliebar, etc. is different from FAST due to HP alone. if the track is not timed, put a radar gun on each guy at the finish and note the speeds with the results so we can see who won by low ET from their drag chassis setup and/or lightweight.

Old 05-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Scooby- I do not have the answer yet. You have the only REAL turboed bike that i have ever seen. The turbo rappy at FSW2 was a joke. You can run in every class with the turbo DS. That was a guy on a honda 250ex will see what a fast quad looks like and how it feels to be roosted.

BEFORE THE RACES START THERE IS PLENT OF TIME TO RUN HOW EVER YOU WANT MULTIPLE TIMES.

A far as the tree is concerned we can do it any way the majority wants. Pro-tree, 3 thents, 4 tenths or what ever.

Old 05-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

just curious if the track is sand or dirt? It keeps coming up and no one clarified it. I thought it was dirt, but people keep saying sand.
Rudy

Old 05-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

dirt.

Old 05-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

Recreational riding - have fun and try to beat the rest of the guys at the riding area.

This IS a drag race event! And NOW it has enough recognition to have a magazine covering it! The idea behind drag racing is to see who can get to the finish line the fastest by whatever means are allowed by the rules. As in all drag racing, build to the maximum extent the rules allow!

In 25 years of atv drag racing (the real thing for money and everything), I have never seen a stock machine with an override tranny. On the other hand, I have seldom seen any machine win without either an extended swingarm or a wheelie bar (driver's preference).

I really like the rules originally posted on 14mins website. I thought the purpose of that was so we could plan, build, buy for this year. As someone stated, the rules were changing at the starting line last year and nobody wants to drive 16 hours to have the rules change when their fast bike pulls up and scares people. I also like sixsixT's rules. Please just let us know now! 14 mins is right about the number of classes. I have seen drag races get classed to death, and everybody quits coming. Stock with alum wheels, stock with k/n, stock with worn tires, etc....(exagerrated of course!)

14mins is the ULITIMATE host! This is a great time. It is a drag race. Thank you 14mins! Let's race!

THEBOM: what do you mean, run all the ds's, then run the raptors against what's left?!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2004, 03:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

This is the rules as posted on 14mins.com. A lot of time and effort went into this. Does everyone on here thank these are good enough and do not need to be tweaked? The only reason that i opened up my keyboard was due to emails i have recieved from people planning to show up and complaining. I just want to get the issue resolved and move on. A simple yes or no reply. If you do not like the rules, stat which one and what you think needs to be change. I would like to finish hashing this out by sunday. Due to the amount of people planning to show up everything needs to run smooth and be hashed out.

A short events list

June 18th- Friday, Test and tune on the track until dark (approx 9:15 pm) Camping is allowed
June 19th- Saturday, sign up, test and tune until 2:00 pm. Races start at 3:00 pm. After final race back to play racing on the track. Free food and non alky drinks all day, Huge fireworks right after dark ( 9:30 pm)
June 20th- Sunday, test and tune and have a safe trip home.

Here are the rules:
4 stroke classes

Wheelie bars are allowed in any class. Suspension mods are allowed in
any class. Extended swingarms are allowed in class 4 and up.

Class 1: Small bore bolt on class, 0-400cc gas only, Motor and chassis
are allowed external bolts ons only. No mods that require breaking of
engine bolts to install except clutches (no porting, boring/stroking,
cams, or pistons). (400ex, Suz/Kaw/A.C 400, Warrior class)

Class 2: Small bore modified gas class, 0-426cc, Motor and chassis are
allowed external bolt ons and any piston, cams, valves, porting. No
big bore/stroke. (400ex, Suz/Kaw/A.C. 400, Warrior class)

Class 3: Stock bolt on class, 400cc-660cc gas only class including
Kawasaki 700 V-Force. Motor and chassis are allowed external bolts ons
only. No mods that require breaking of engine bolts to install except
clutches. (no porting, boring/stroking, cams, or pistons). (DS650,
Raptor, Kaw 700, Cannondale, YZF450F, CRF450F, Predator 500 class). Small
bore are allowed to "bump up" if meet class requirements.

Class 4: Modified gas class, 427cc-691cc including Kawasaki 700 V-Force.
Motor and Chassis are allowed external bolt ons and any piston, cams,
valves, porting. Bore/Stroke is allowed but engine cc must not exceed
691cc (except Kaw 700 V-Force). (DS650, Raptor, Kaw 700, Cannondale,
YZF450F, CRF450F, Predator 500, 400ex, Suz/Kaw/A.C. 400, Warrior class)

Class 5: Big Bore Modified Gas/Alcohol class, no power additives, no
turbo, no nitrous, no nitro, any engine cc. Production atv motor on
production atv frame.

Class 6: Unlimited 4 stroke. Anything goes. Production atv/dirtbike
motor on (production atv frame) or (atv type frame)?.

King of the Hill: any 2 or 4 stroke atv/dirtbike/motorcycle/snowmobile
type motor on any atv type frame (must ride on it, not in it).

The two stroke classes!

Wheelie bars and extended swing arm are allowed in class 2 and up. Suspension mods (Shocks) are allowed in
any class.

1) Up to 350cc with bolt ons gas only!

2) Up to 400cc any engine mods, race fuel only.

3) 400cc to 470cc any fuel, any suspension mods. This includes 240cc up to 470cc running ALKY.

4) Unlimited class, 470cc and up running any fuel or power aid!

Hotel Info

This is the closest one. I stayed there last year and its nice.

Ramada Limited
5200 E Interstate 20
Willow Park, TX 76008
817-441-5443

Directions

Once in Aledo, We are located halfway between Ft. Worth and Weatherford TX. We are 3.8 miles off the interstate. Take 20 west to the 420 exit (ALEDO Faramer rd.) exit the highway and head to Aledo. (2 miles) There are few stores in Aledo. As soon as you cross the train tracks take a right at the Texaco station (either before or after the road goes to the same spot) The name of the road is OLD ANNETTA. Proceed 1.3 miles and we are on the left.

Map here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. A writer for ATV Sport magazine is going to be in attendance shooting pics and ATV Sport will have a booth. He is also going to announce the races
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI: You can't get your ugly head in the magazine without a helmet.

-------------------------
01' Raptor
42ci

Old 05-01-2004, 03:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Crafty and i were discussing the need for a "kidde track" today. Most likely we will set one up for the wife/girlfriends/kids to enertain themselves out of harm's way. We can also put the cannondales and honda 450r over there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2004, 03:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mark, those are perfectly fine by me.

Yes.

Old 05-01-2004, 03:51 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: 14mins
We can also put the cannondales and honda 450r over there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Maybe a few other types too!!!!

Old 05-01-2004, 04:50 AM
Pro Rider

Looks great to me. Only one question though, the motor im bout halfway done with is a streetbike motor, but its bout the same as a banshee motor. Im not going to have to run the open class am I lol. Ill get tore up.

Quick Reply: Aledo Trailer Park June race update