Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Aledo Trailer Park June race update

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aledo Trailer Park June race update

Scooby you are correct it is recreational & not the NHRA. Some people take it to the next level. I havn't seen many recreational turbos but have seen some at the drag strip.

Old 04-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

Ok i have an alky stock bore stock stroke banshee with a +8 swingarm no wheelie bar would someone private message me when you figue out what class i will be in. And if you get down to true messurements my bike is only 347cc.

Old 04-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Just extend the track back an extra 20 ft and make it whoops. The top classes start infront of them. If you cant run through the whoops your bumped a class.

For example:
2 strokes 370 and under (to allow for overbores, not all of us have fresh cylinders [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )
2 strokes 370-420
2 strokes 420 and above, or anyone who cant run the whoops.

Old 04-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

OK then, if the classes are justing going to be an excuse for not running what you bring then there is no need for classes and lets just see who is top dog in 300ft, and in the 660ft.

This is just my opinion, I had to make the classes last year in 30 minutes before the race and they all got changed when the races began.

Come on guys this is going to be a fun race day for all of us, I don't care who is turbo charged or over ride tranny, or on NOS. It all boils down to who ever is the fastest will leave with the trophy!!!!!

Old 04-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

OK i could care less who i race its not like i will be losing any money or nothing i will run what i brung against anyone there.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

We will have lots of time for gruge matches. Like I said before I will race anyone win or loose I am going to have a blast talking to old friends and meeting new people for the first time.

So come on down and lets race and have a good time!!!

I am going after Dusty's so called stock bore Banshee. Come on geta some!!!

Old 04-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

I dunno if im gonna be able to make that long of a haul, its almost 50 miles for me. Hey, I have an idea but im not sure how much everyone will like/agree with it. It goes by points, every "extra" you have on your quad adds to points, like wheelie bar is a point, override is a point, nos, air shifter, etc is a point. If you have 5 points you have to step up a class or something along those lines. Maybe everyone can add up their points to their CC size and we can arrange classes by amounts of points you have.

Im just making sure I am correct but there will be a FULL SAND track to run paddles on, right? also if so, is the shutdown area sand also, or does it go to grass? We will definately be there Friday afternoon.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OK. I'd plan on for every 650cc and higher class a DS with dialed in wheeliebar flawless, override flawless, ideal tire selection for track conditions, launching full throttle at rev limiter, never let off, bam, bam, bam through the gears, done. Good luck. There's some hardcore DS's out there that will push the rules to the limit for each class in order to win. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree !!!! keep it simple ...race then race again ,,,then fix it race one more time then put it on the trailer and drink beer and think of excuses why it would not go as fast as you talked it to gooooooooo ......

That sounds like a plan. LOL

BTW, is there a lot of beer consumption down there or what?

Old 04-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Just wondering if anyones heard from Kelley Young this year? Might make things interesting

Quick Reply: Aledo Trailer Park June race update