Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***

hahaha...i`m just being a smartass dude don`t take it the wrong way because i don`t mean no harm.yeah its at like 33hp and redlines at 13,500 rpm`s.i ride woods mostly and this setup would be perfect for what i do.i actually started a thread on this subject to let this one die by the way.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Yea no prob lol...deff post some pictures of your blaster when its done.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Trailblazer

i have to wait til the tax return comes in for the motor.the guy i`m getting mine off of wants 2500 bucks for the motor,cdi and wiring harness.hopefully i`ll be doing the finishing touches on it by next spring.i got to get other stuff for it also.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldskool75
thats why your not doing it.its not worth it for to do.it is for me and thats why i`m doing it.i don`t want a bigger bike.i want a blaster with a yz250f motor.unlike alot of people.....i don`t have to have the biggest cc`d quad out there to make me feel competitive or equal to my peers.
if u go back and look up threads i started last year ull see i was in the same position as you. then after lookin around i relized its a waist and just got a bigger bike. dirtbike motors arnt balanced so have fun with that. i payed 3k for my raptor. say u spend 1500 on a blaster then with 1500 into it will still be out performed by my raptor and the raptor will be more enjoyable to ride.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

what you just said holds no weight because whats the hottest quads on the market got powering them?dirtbike motors....thats what.lonestar racing,walsh,aren brothers and many others have been putting dirtbike motors in quad chassis for a long time.as for keeping up with a raptor..do i care?the answer is no.and to tell the truth i think this quad will accelerate (key word) just as fast as a stock raptor but will not have the top speed to sustain running next to it.so in the woods it very well may keep up with it.YOU ARE FAILING TO SEE WHAT I WANT.i want something small,modestly powered and light.now does a raptor fit that description?hell no it doesn`t.i`ve ridden raptors and they are far cry from it.what really is baffling my head is why you think i`m trying to be competitive with the larger sized quads?i`m trying to be competitive in the 300cc and under catagory.does this clearify why i`m doing this?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

what you just said holds no weight because whats the hottest quads on the market got powering them?dirtbike motors....thats what.lonestar racing,walsh,aren brothers and many others have been putting dirtbike motors in quad chassis for a long time.as for keeping up with a raptor..do i care?the answer is no.and to tell the truth i think this quad will accelerate (key word) just as fast as a stock raptor but will not have the top speed to sustain running next to it.so in the woods it very well may keep up with it.YOU ARE FAILING TO SEE WHAT I WANT.i want something small,modestly powered and light.now does a raptor fit that description?hell no it doesn`t.i`ve ridden raptors and they are far cry from it.what really is baffling my head is why you think i`m trying to be competitive with the larger sized quads?i`m trying to be competitive in the 300cc and under catagory.does this clearify why i`m doing this?
***HOW MANY TIME'S DO YOU HAVE TO BE WARNED??? edited by atvconnection moderator***

a blaster with a pipe jet and filters will run with a 300 and a warrior. u dont make sence. a raptor will out perform a blaster in the woods even if it was just as fast becasue the suspension is 10x better and it has low end tq. and ur stupid. all the atvs with "dirtbike" motors in them are BASED off of a dirtbike. dirtbike motors are unbalanced and 4wheeler motors are. i guess u dont understand what that means. ya a raptor doesnt fit the discription of what u want. u want something thats a waist of time. ud be better off with exhuast, jet, filter, different gearing and a set of tires. but he11 what do i no about anything. u wanna go spend 2500 on a motor for ur bike. thats a waist in my opinion cause for the money you would spend for the motor, everything to make it fit and run, and the cost of ur blaster, u could have sold it and gotten a better bike.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

and a 250 4 stroke motor isnt worth it. that motor wont behave anything like it should.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

well if i`m so stupid why are you arguing with me in the first place?yes you are correct about one thing in that the 450`s are based off their 2 wheeled counterparts,but that still don`t change the fact people have been racing these "unbalanced" motors in quad frames.it can and has been done for many years so don`t come off acting like what i`m wanting to do is some impossible feat to accomplish.i`ve been fabricating things for 11 years which include drag bike frames for nhra bracket racers,mini rails and stretching/shortning of car frames for kit cars.i have the equippment,tools and know how to do it.now if you really wanted to be helpful and actually knew something i haven`t already thought about then say it.don`t knock what i want to do because you couldn`t .just because you yourself can`t preform this type of transplant doesn`t mean its not possible or worth doing.as a matter of fact this months dirtwheels magazine has a kawasaki "unbalanced" 450 motor in a quad as its feature.i suppose they are stupid too?as for the blaster suspention...yes it doesn`t have much in stock trim but don`t you think i`d be beefing the suspention up when this gets done?or do you think i`m just gonna slap it into the frame and try to run it with stock componenets?it will have longer travel arms and extended swinger with a good set of shocks.i`m not half ***`ing this project and i am taking my time to work EVERY KINK out of it.i own a dirtbike that i ride more than my quad anyways and want something different for a project/toy.will it be exspensive?i`m guessing with all the parts and accesseries it will be around 7 grand (not counting the price of the quad that i bought new in 03) to build so yes it will.people spend many thousands of dollars to build up predator 90`s for their kids to race.hell a rath racing 90 fully built will run upwards of 8 to 9 grand.are these people stupid for dumping that much cash into a quad their kid will outgrow quick?i have a son and hopefully this will be one kick *** quad for him to ride when he gets big enough to ride it.til then its my play toy.thats why i bought a blaster...its a toy...thats why i am doing this...i want a cool toy.i find this idea to be very cool.if you don`t oh well i don`t care.i don`t even know you.if you don`t think i can`t do it thats fine...it don`t bother me...just say "your a better man than me if you can do it" and leave it at that.

calling someone stupid just because you yourself do not agree with their idea is in itself stupid.most people will wish someone luck when trying to accomplish a idea that is regarded "out of the box" and give possitive feedback...i can see your not that type of person.do you have very many friends?

Old 01-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

well if i`m so stupid why are you arguing with me in the first place?yes you are correct about one thing in that the 450`s are based off their 2 wheeled counterparts,but that still don`t change the fact people have been racing these "unbalanced" motors in quad frames.it can and has been done for many years so don`t come off acting like what i`m wanting to do is some impossible feat to accomplish.i`ve been fabricating things for 11 years which include drag bike frames for nhra bracket racers,mini rails and stretching/shortning of car frames for kit cars.i have the equippment,tools and know how to do it.now if you really wanted to be helpful and actually knew something i haven`t already thought about then say it.don`t knock what i want to do because you couldn`t .just because you yourself can`t preform this type of transplant doesn`t mean its not possible or worth doing.as a matter of fact this months dirtwheels magazine has a kawasaki "unbalanced" 450 motor in a quad as its feature.i suppose they are stupid too?as for the blaster suspention...yes it doesn`t have much in stock trim but don`t you think i`d be beefing the suspention up when this gets done?or do you think i`m just gonna slap it into the frame and try to run it with stock componenets?it will have longer travel arms and extended swinger with a good set of shocks.i`m not half ***`ing this project and i am taking my time to work EVERY KINK out of it.i own a dirtbike that i ride more than my quad anyways and want something different for a project/toy.will it be exspensive?i`m guessing with all the parts and accesseries it will be around 7 grand (not counting the price of the quad that i bought new in 03) to build so yes it will.people spend many thousands of dollars to build up predator 90`s for their kids to race.hell a rath racing 90 fully built will run upwards of 8 to 9 grand.are these people stupid for dumping that much cash into a quad their kid will outgrow quick?i have a son and hopefully this will be one kick *** quad for him to ride when he gets big enough to ride it.til then its my play toy.thats why i bought a blaster...its a toy...thats why i am doing this...i want a cool toy.i find this idea to be very cool.if you don`t oh well i don`t care.i don`t even know you.if you don`t think i can`t do it thats fine...it don`t bother me...just say "your a better man than me if you can do it" and leave it at that.

calling someone stupid just because you yourself do not agree with their idea is in itself stupid.most people will wish someone luck when trying to accomplish a idea that is regarded "out of the box" and give possitive feedback...i can see your not that type of person.do you have very many friends?
wow ur cool. u can weld stuff. wow. ya i have no skill at all. thats y im a tech and lift/bag trucks, notch frames, build cars for the track, ur gonna start some stupid argument about what u can and cant do. well heres somethin u cant do, relize ur waistin ur time and money. u asked for opinions and u got mine. ITS A WAIST OF TIME! ya i didnt put a motor in a blaster like you said... the reason i didnt is because i listend to what others said and relized its a waist of time and money. i guess i just have no skill and i got luckey every time i did a motor or swaped motors or tuned a car. hell i guess my mustang should have blown up by now to. u go spend ur 7 grand to make a blaster loose to a stock banshee. and ya i have no friends eaither. o by the way noob this isnt how u make a good first impression of urself. ur one of those blasters are the ultimate bike type people arnt you. id be supprised if u really even ride. i think ur one of the guys who reads the mags and wears fox stuff and dont ride..... f@g

Old 01-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

hmmm cute.wow such big words for a intellectual such as yourself.if i was a "my blaster can beat the world" type of guy...why would i call it a toy?huh there smart guy?and from the way you get so easily offended i`d guess you were 15.keep calling me what you want your the one showing your *** not me.

Quick Reply: ***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***