Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***

this is not going to be a "slap in and go" frame mod.the 250f motor is about 3 and a half inches taller.there are actually 2 different 250f motors.the newer of the two is a little bit lower but the cylinder sits more upright than its predicessor making it the harder of the two to work with.this is where i`m going to have the most work when it comes to the frame.the upper frame rails on the blaster are real low so i have a few options.

1. i can stretch the frame up to fit the higher height of the new motor.
2. i can stretch it up only half the required distance and make a aluminum gas tank with a channeled bottom to compensate for what i need.i`ve seen some aluminum tanks that people have had powdercoated on their dune machines and it actually looks pretty cool.if i went this route i`d use .080 gauge 5052 h32 temper aluminum.it is strong,light and easy to work with.
3.do a 1/2 up stretch and modify a new (not used) blaster tank by heating the bottom and pushing it in to create more clearance.i know what your thinking... it sounds like it won`t work, but this technique has been done alot in streetbike engine to atv conversions.and if done right you would`t be able to tell unless you got up on it and intentionaly looked under the tank.
4.make new upper frame rails to put on and use a different style atv tank and seat.

as for exactly what i`m going to do i really can`t say at this point because i haven`t got the motor yet to find out what the best way to approach this will be.i may end up doing something completly different from what i just said.i did however pick up a extra blaster frame from a friend to experiment with for 50 bucks.so that right there is a big plus now because i have a frame to play with ideas and not hack on the original until i know how i`ll do it.but something tells me i`ll be making newer upper rails on our mandrel.i love building one off stuff and this looks like it will be a fun project.i`m gonna get the spare on the table and get a jig made in about a week or so it will be ready.the motor will have to wait til tax time.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor450
Oldschool75, I say go for it. If you got the time and money, and thats what you wanna do, then why not ? You'll definately be different out on the trail. Id rather see a custom bike than a "store bought" any day. I wouldnt worry about "Fast"blaster00, maybe he is just insecure about himself.
how am in insecure? im just tryin to say he could do somethin better with the money but if thats what he wants more power to him thats all.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

i plan on getting a bigger quad later on down the road.just not right now.right now i`m more concerned about making a one off play toy.i want to turn this into a sweet looking little quad to have some fun on and give to my boy when he is about 10 or 11.he thinks its gonna be the fastest thing out there.i just laugh and shake my head.it will be quick that one is for sure...but he is getting his hopes up too high on the outcome of its speed.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Oldschool75, I say go for it. If you got the time and money, and thats what you wanna do, then why not ? You'll definately be different out on the trail. Id rather see a custom bike than a "store bought" any day. I wouldnt worry about "Fast"blaster00, maybe he is just insecure about himself.
how am i insecure? and what kind of bike is a raptor 450???? funny name

Old 01-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Fastblaster00, I say you might be insecure because you were quick to get angry. Most people I know like that are insecure about themselves. My "Raptor 450" is my own creation that I put together using a 1997 Warrior, a Raptor 350 frame and fenders, and a 450 bored & stroked motor.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
srry but youyr a DU MB@$$ ios u do it and TURN YOUR F(_)CKING CAPS OFF!!!!!! GOD!!!
DUDE YOU ARE A DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tootasf
Originally posted by: Speedy2222
srry but youyr a DU MB@$$ ios u do it and TURN YOUR F(_)CKING CAPS OFF!!!!!! GOD!!!
DUDE YOU ARE A DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND UR A NOOB SO THATS Y IM JUST GONNA TYPE IN CAPS AND LEAVE IT AT THAT! LEARN WHO U PICK FIGHTS WITH NOOB. all caps means yelling. good start to the forum. welcome tho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Fastblaster00, I say you might be insecure because you were quick to get angry. Most people I know like that are insecure about themselves. My "Raptor 450" is my own creation that I put together using a 1997 Warrior, a Raptor 350 frame and fenders, and a 450 bored & stroked motor.
u got some pics of it? i didnt no u could go that big with warrior motor

Old 01-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Yeah, 4 Stroke Tech makes a 450 kit for this motor. Everybody else just punches them out to 400. My buddy has a Warrior with a Kodiak top end on it and it is bored to somewhere around 500cc. It has so much compression that the gaskets have a hard time holding up, though. Ill post pictures of mine soon.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

prtty cool. try a metal head gasket... it works for cars....

Quick Reply: ***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***