Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***

Originally posted by: oldskool75
hmmm cute.wow such big words for a intellectual such as yourself.if i was a "my blaster can beat the world" type of guy...why would i call it a toy?huh there smart guy?and from the way you get so easily offended i`d guess you were 15.keep calling me what you want your the one showing your *** not me.
na im 19. have fun with ur making ur blaster into something ur kid would be ashamed to ride. and u call it a toy becasue thats what they are. like i said befor ur someone who dont ride...... if u dont want peoples opinions dont ask for them. go waist ur time and money. id love for you to do that. since u can build such cool things since ur so good and everything y u wanna do a 250 4 stroke??? ud be better off with a 240 kit but go ahead and blow ur money and time it will be funny. $100 says u smarten up and dont bother with it anyway.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer

STICK-N-STONES ......

Old 01-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

yup... and the truth hurts....

Old 01-11-2007, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] somone sure doesnt care for built from the ground up rides.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Trailblazer

don`t mind him he`s just jealous because he can`t do it.....and that is the truth that hurts.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldskool75
don`t mind him he`s just jealous because he can`t do it.....and that is the truth that hurts.
ya i cant build anything. i just build things that go fast..... and its nothing close to a 4stroke 250 in a blaster.....

Old 01-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

just so you know...

i called lone star racing to see if they have built any frames for the 250f motor and believe it or they said they build yfz style frames for them all the time.i`m really not wanting to keep this arguement going really i`m not....i`m just wanting to point out i`m not the only one out there that wants to use this motor in a quad.as for the "unbalanced" crankshaft i`ll be getting in touch with someone who deals with these motors to find out if they do have a counterbalance.because they rev higher than most motors being made today including 2 strokes i`m almost certain they are a "balanced" engine.if not it would put excessive strain on the engines moving parts.a fully built 250f motor can push the 15 grand mark on rpm`s and is known for its smooth running feel.

i would like to thank you for lighting a fire in my head to look further into this (seriously).your feed back allthough could have been alot better without the f@g and stupid comments,but none the less helped me seek info into a potential problem down the road that will help me accomplish this project.

good luck in your pursuit of speed....and try to be a little bit more constructive next time ok?

Old 01-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I like the idea of the 250f in a quad, for my sons that is. But I don't think the blaster would be my choice for doing it. Have you measured the hight of the 250f? From the other 250's I've seen, they are very tall. I would be afraid that it would really make for some major frame mods. Maybe the Yamie is different than the others. (Honda's and Suzk mostly) Or maybe the angle is different (top end to the bottom end) If you could start from scratch with a frame set up for it, and then just swap on the other parts from the blaster, it would make an neat quad.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Oldschool75, I say go for it. If you got the time and money, and thats what you wanna do, then why not ? You'll definately be different out on the trail. Id rather see a custom bike than a "store bought" any day. I wouldnt worry about "Fast"blaster00, maybe he is just insecure about himself.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

I would do it oldschool if I had the parts, thats pretty cool, I like building things.

Quick Reply: ***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***