Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior carb question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior carb question

I cannot get the screws out of the bowl they are just to tight and when I try they want to try to thread
off. I am fairly strong but those things are in there. What would you suggest?

Also I thought about trading my warrior and dirtbike a package deal for a banshee, Do you think
this is fair or am I getting the bad end of the deal?

Old 05-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Man I have the same problem and i actaully stripped them out completey. I went and got an impact screwdriver (autozone) after that and that got them out of there stripped and all. But I dunno if it would strip them or not. I am currently trying to find the right size screw so i can get new ones.

Old 05-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

I believe that 4x.7 is the size of screw you need. You just need to check and see how long you can get. Anything is better than the stock screws because they're so darn soft. I went some little alan head cap screws. Should be lots easier.

Old 07-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

One way i foud to get the screws out is to use a pair of side cuts (wire cutters) and pinch each side of the screw and twist it off. You will definately need new screws after that!

Old 07-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Use Vice-Grips tp get them broke loose. I went to Ace Hardware and picked up a set of allen head screws of the same size and thread pitch and got the kind that were made out of a different metal. I dont know what kind of metal it is, the screws are black, and they are alot harder than the stock screws. You wont strip them out though. Your local Ace Hardware should carry them.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

i just had this prob the other day. i took out my dads electric drill. put a nice small size drill bit on there and drilled them out. i sat in the cold with a screwdriver and plyers for an hour and after that i just said screw it and i drilled them out. took 5 minutes. i just got four new screws. they work fine.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ahhh those *(& &*($ *&(%$# &^*&^ brass bowl screws. I used vise grips to get out the 2 I stripped last weekend. I replaced them (and the 6 on the throttle cable cover) with allen head screws. You need 4x12mm. I think .7mm is the standard pitch screw for that size. I got mine at Home Depot. Like 40 cents for 2. Also replaced my air box lid screws as I stripped two of those out over the last 2 years. I used 5x12mm but they could be a little longer. Spent darn near $10 on various screws, nuts & washers. And I still need a couple more (lost a hood screw somewhere.)

Not sure what size the top cover of the carb uses. Assuming 4x12mm as well. The allen heads are stronger, so watch that you don't strip out anything. To me they are also much faster. NO worrying about stripping out the heads. As long as you have the right allen wrench (1 mm smaller than the screw, IIRC) they are positive and no stripping heads.

These screws are also the black ones. It's some kind of an alloy. Not zinc coated stuff. Believe they are the same they Yamaha uses on the rest of the bike (head bolts, side covers, etc.) They need to outlaw Phillips head screws.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote