Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Stolen truck, no Aledo Trailer Park races for me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen truck, no Aledo Trailer Park races for me!!!

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
It's fully insured but I don't have "gap" insurance on it. My Yukon does but I never realized I didn't have it on my truck. They say they will give me "fair market value" for it. Whatever the hell that will be. My dog stays inside at night and he never made a noise. I was awake untill about 2 a.m. playing poker and was out front around 1:30 with the dog and my truck was there. So most likely it was between 2 and 5 when my neighbor went to work and he said he doesn't remember seeing it. Oh well, I guess I just have to wait and see what happens. The worst part is I just spent $10k on a block wall this weekend!! All I know is I don't want it back if it's stripped or all trashed. If I'm lucky maybe the new 4x4 Diesel I want may be here sooner than I expected. Any and all donations would be greatly appreciated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
the gap insurance would only pay the difference between what the insurance company gave you and what you owed.....if you aren't upside down in the truck then it wouldn't have helped you anyway

Old 05-17-2004, 05:25 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, but who knows what they're gonna give me for it. I'm sure they'll take the lowest value they can find. I don't want just payoff for it, I want some to help with the down payment on a new one also. According to the link that RAPTORYFM660r posted (thanks, by the way!) it's only worth $24,400. I could have sold it for at least $28k out here. And trust me, I won't find a comparable truck for $24k out here in CA.

Old 05-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe it was repo'ed, behind on your payments? I remember one guy who got his car repossed and it turned out it was his neighbors car they were after and they did not read the VIN, just figured it was the right one since the color and model matched. Of course the license was different but it is common of guys behind on their payments to switch plates to throw the repo guy off.

AlaskaBoy.

Old 05-18-2004, 12:34 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

I called the finance company just to make sure there were no mistakes on they're part. I've never had a late payment in my life!! I found out that there were three of the same trucks taken last night from our area, all GMCs, all diesels. Sheriff says to me"I'll have to look and see if maybe there's a connection" Gee, YA THINK!!

Old 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

sorry about your loss man. I hope they catch em'

Old 05-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Yeah, but who knows what they're gonna give me for it. I'm sure they'll take the lowest value they can find. I don't want just payoff for it, I want some to help with the down payment on a new one also. According to the link that RAPTORYFM660r posted (thanks, by the way!) it's only worth $24,400. I could have sold it for at least $28k out here. And trust me, I won't find a comparable truck for $24k out here in CA.
Someone I know had a 64 vette stolen and the insurance co. wanted to give him about 3/4 what it was worth. He just told them "I'll meet you at "the toy store" (overpriced used vette dealer) and will find a replacement, bring a check." They settled on a fair price after that.

Old 05-18-2004, 02:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about that...

We have about a billion trucks for sell in texas, so ride the quad and bring a check for a truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2004, 03:26 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Sorry to hear about that...

We have about a billion trucks for sell in texas, so ride the quad and bring a check for a truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
If I leave now I just might make it! LOL
Anybody got a topo map from Santa Clarita, Ca to Aledo?