Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

F'd Up My Hand!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004 | 10:46 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default F'd Up My Hand!!!

So I walk up the stairs this morning to go to home room. When a buddy of mine thought it would be funny tp pour some water on my shirt. I'm into Muscle Cars so messin with my shirts is like spittin in my face. I'm a big guy 6'4" at 250 hes maybe 5'5" and maybe 160. I an his *** down with a back pack on mind you he didnt have his on. So I get a hold of him while we were running and slam him into some lockers but theeeeen. I clipped my hand on the handle for the locker with my vein so needless to say. My hand hurts like he!! and is all swollen. So bad I came home from school after first hour...Just thought I'd vent I'm a lil pi$$ed off I messed up My hand.

Old 05-19-2004 | 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

You mentioned hitting the vein.

I did something close to that....while remodeling the upstairs of my house, I tore all the walls down to the framing. I must have missed a nail on the stairway. Because on the next trip up the stairs with a 4x8 sheet of rock...I caught my arm on the nail. It caught just the vein in my forearm and ripped it right out of my arm. There was an instant spurt of blood up the wall and all over me...My wife flipped out.

Luckily a few stitches and a good amount of lost blood later, I was fine. Still have the scar though.

Old 05-19-2004 | 02:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

The vein came out of your arm? lol that mst of been wierd. Ripping the stuff down is the fun part,We are doing our bathroom holding the whole ceiling up by yourself when somebody screws the sheet rock down gets a little tricky heheh.

Old 05-19-2004 | 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Mannnnny years ago, I was always entertained watching bone head punk kids in high school "slamming each into lockers", punching ceiling tiles out or holes in the drywall (most of the time they missed a wall stud, mostly), and you can never upstage head-butting a full sized garbage dumpster till your fore-head bleeds.

Career ditch diggers and service station gas pumping attendants in training?

No offense meant, but a comment like "I'm into Muscle Cars so messin with my shirts is like spittin in my face." doesn't seem to show your light bulb is burning too brightly? As you're finding out now, sometimes the more painfull lessons from life are the ones you remember most.

Hope the hand heals up and there is no permanent damage.

Old 05-19-2004 | 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Did you get suspended?

Old 05-19-2004 | 05:32 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Heapster
Mannnnny years ago, I was always entertained watching bone head punk kids in high school "slamming each into lockers", punching ceiling tiles out or holes in the drywall (most of the time they missed a wall stud, mostly), and you can never upstage head-butting a full sized garbage dumpster till your fore-head bleeds.

Career ditch diggers and service station gas pumping attendants in training?

No offense meant, but a comment like "I'm into Muscle Cars so messin with my shirts is like spittin in my face." doesn't seem to show your light bulb is burning too brightly? As you're finding out now, sometimes the more painfull lessons from life are the ones you remember most.

Hope the hand heals up and there is no permanent damage.
I knew the kid and no teachers seen it I'm not a morning person. Yo dont want to get me goin when I'm not in a good mood. And I didn't puch the locker if you read that part. Unless of coruse you wanna buy My shirts for me.

Old 05-20-2004 | 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Well...as I said...I did the whole upstairs to my house basically by myself. Built all the jigs to hold the rock to the ceiling and walls while I screwed it in..

Hanging the rock is the easy part....it's the sanding and dust that gets to me. Talk about a mess. But it came out great, and I upped the value of my house for 1/10 what a normal contractor would have charged me. (except for the injury..lol)

PS. I own an old victorian house(~150yo)...so I had to contend with crooked floors and walls to boot.

Old 05-20-2004 | 04:43 PM
|
Pro Rider

Old houses are the way to go I dunno about that old tho heheheh. Still,all these news look the same to me,Don't know about you.....

Old 05-20-2004 | 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

I had the option of buying/building a new house.....But the more we looked, the more we realized how cheaply these new houses are put together. Most have thin walls and no basement. not to mention the lack of trees and landscaping on the newer properties.

My house came with 3 old barns on the property...half the fun for us is finding the old artifacts from years ago.
I took down the upstairs walls and found newspapers from 1903 and a few papers from the late 1800's.... It was funny to read the classified section...there were no cars or atv's in the listings...it was all milk, eggs and cattle...lol

Old 05-20-2004 | 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

You hurt your hand so you went home from school? Did that make it stop hurting? Sounds like you need to toughen up your hands a little, go rent "Five Fingers of Death" and quit being such a wimp.

j/k, hope you hand gets better soon.

Quick Reply: F'd Up My Hand!!!