Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trinity Racing releases 780cc Stroker for the Raptor!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Racing releases 780cc Stroker for the Raptor!

If the HP curve is accurate, then the torque curve is also. It is not "5hp high". Just look, the curves cross at 5280 RPMs. That is where all HP vs. TQ dyno curves cross.

I wonder what that whole engine set up costs? $3000? $5000? more?

Next year . . .

Old 05-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Thats cool Iv'e never been there but I guess where staying at some hotel right by the drags. This will be my first structured drag. Should be fun just so long as I dont break anything before I get there.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wonder what that whole engine set up costs? $3000? $5000? more?
I tried to call as soon as I saw it on the site, but they were already closed. So I'll call and post what they tell me first thing in the morning. I will be interested to see exactly how high it would be.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Im almost 100% positive this is a dyno reading from my homeboy Frank, (marbleous) 780 trinity motor, which has been worked on and improved "I think by madraceing" They have been trying to get this motor to run reliable for the last year. When frank gets his bike back I will go to the "car dyno @ the speedway" down here to dyno our bikes back- to -back, again. I have heard that they finally got the bike to run good. Well just have to see Mem. Day. Or on dyno day. I am also sure frank has the only trinity 780 motor.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

I'm just impressed they ran it up to 8500 rpm. From what I have heard, that is very good for a stroker Raptor motor, most have very low redlines. Very nice torque curve also. Anyone know how big of a stroke that is? I am guessing 4-5-6 mm?

Old 05-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Im almost 100% positive this is a dyno reading from my homeboy Frank, (marbleous) 780 trinity motor, which has been worked on and improved "I think by madraceing" They have been trying to get this motor to run reliable for the last year. When frank gets his bike back I will go to the "car dyno @ the speedway" down here to dyno our bikes back- to -back, again. I have heard that they finally got the bike to run good. Well just have to see Mem. Day. Or on dyno day. I am also sure frank has the only trinity 780 motor.
Yes Mario it is but I could have sworn it was an 800cc stroker!! I seen it last week and that thing thumps pretty good. It really stumped me when I seen that adapter plate between the cylinder and lower engine. It is supposed to be at Dumont this Memorial Day but not for sure.

Old 05-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I pity the guys that get sucked up by those 80hp trinity horsepower claims. I have seen and had some of there products. They said i had a 67hp 686 and it made 44hp. Crafty had a pipe and cam at that time and made 42hp. LMAO I do not think they could get a hand gernade to explode if you pulled the pin for them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] A few years ago all you heard was trinity this and trinity that. ( i am was caught up for a while until dollarbillz and raptorboy cleaned my clock) At FSW's 2 all there big guns were broke in camp. All the while Harry was driving around on his blue flame banshee. I remember a girl out mph'ing up the hill. LOL I never hear any thing good about trinity when ever i go anywhere anymore. If this was based off of Marbelous's raptor i do not know how trinity will handle a 1000 phone calls about the pos motor.

The problem with trinity is the fact that they let who ever they have in the back of the shop build and port. If you have a Four stroke tech, craycraft, sparks motor YOU know who build it. Harry has a ton of high dollar equiptment in the shop with no one to make it sing

Old 05-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I just looked at the dyno chart. You would have at least expected them to dial it in and have a smooth hp chart instead of the dip up there on top

Old 05-20-2004, 05:30 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Let's hope it gets dialed in or is... as it stood on New Years, it wasn't a threat. With the scratch he's got into it, it'd be nice to see it clowning some folks. Is Frank coming up here (Utah) for Memorial Day?

Quick Reply: Trinity Racing releases 780cc Stroker for the Raptor!