Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ordering From US to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004 | 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Ordering From US to Canada

check out the postal services website or whoever would ship it and what not it should have a chart on there it shouldnt be too bad i shiped a cd to canada and it was like 5 bucks more then here but thats all.

Old 05-25-2004 | 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

When using USPS there are no duty fees if the products bought are made in the US, while UPS,FEDEX etc will charge you duty fees no matter where the products were made.So whenever possible ask the shipper to use USPS...

Old 05-25-2004 | 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

basically, the duty is to pay a guy who sits on his a$$ and look in all the boxes and say,

"nope, not a bomb. . .next."

Old 05-25-2004 | 07:40 PM
|
Pro Rider

basically, the duty is to pay a guy who sits on his a$$ and look in all the boxes and say,

"nope, not a bomb. . .next."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old 05-25-2004 | 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

Most shippers from the US will upon request put a lower than actual value on the parcel. I usually ask the US shipper to put the value at 20 to 40 bucks and label as Farm Machinery parts or as gift. That will not save you the $5 customs charge but will save on duty and GST.

Old 05-25-2004 | 09:39 PM
Range Rover

My whole Raptor, and pretty much anything small for my trucks were bought from the states, being Ebay and some sweet deals I see in mags. Here's the scoop from my experience which is with over 75-100 items bought!
USPS, pay $5 handling fee, and whatever the value worth for GST that the invoice states or the sender stated. Best route by far!
Fedex, last resort for large items that are too big to ship USPS, charge duty fees relating to the value, and the GST, and Duty GST.
UPS, pick this one if you wanna get raped, unless for a lucky chance they let it go from your buddy sending it as a supposed gift, which I have gotten and you don't pay jack, no duty, no GST, but if you do, expect to pay GST, Duty, Duty GST, Brokerage fees, brokerage GST, and whatever they can pull outta their hat. I've had 20US brake pads cost up to $75US after all the charges laid to me from UPS! So I refuse to take items via UPS. If I get them via UPS anyhow cause the guy forgot, I refuse the item if it has ludicrous charges. But like I said, if the item is shipped as a gift, which I have gotten, sometimes they charge me still yet, sometimes they don't, even as a gift claim! I've even had guys write happy birthday on a paper and put it in the box with no receipt or invoice and still got charged fees! So it's a big risk via UPS. But go with USPS if at all possible. Never had a problem with them that ended up me not getting the item. I don't buy locally unless they can match a US price or within my chosen range. Items like hoods and rims/tires for my trucks aren't worth getting shipped due to the size and weight, so I buy it here with wicked deals that I couldn't match even with the best sales due to the freight costs. The heaviest item I got was 75lbs, a lift kit for my Z71, got it in a bunch of pieces, 4, heaviest box as mentioned, 75lbs, one went missing, got it back to the sender, had to resend it back to me and I had to fork out the shipping agian, that was the worst case of shipping probs I had, still got it, all the parts in it, and it's on my truck now working great, brand new too! I buy everyday, got a 686 kit, ZipTy YFZ450 fuel screw, Baja seat foam, Barnett clutch kit on their way to my place as we speak, all via USPS if the sender follows the instructions correctly.... That is if he wants postitive feedback!

Old 05-26-2004 | 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

What is the difference bewteen USPS, and UPS ??

Old 05-26-2004 | 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

USPS is regular mail, they just call it that because it is packages instead of letters. UPS is what you are thinking about(The green truck). They are a shipping company called UPS.