Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ds650 vs. banshee shootout

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 vs. banshee shootout

well if duning is all about a drag race banshee is the answer. which one would you rather air out, banshee lighter, but less suspension. starting is on the ds side, it goes on and on. to be honest i never really see banshees duning i see them lined up at the race hills or being towed. jumping actually seems to go to the other smaller machines. so i wouldn't let what dirt wheels had to say bother you us ds guys have learned they are really rather confused so just go race a ds you'll feel better- or not-

Old 06-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Fool74 is just an ignorant little kid with a mouth bigger than his quad. I think he gives quad owners in general a bad name.

Old 06-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

o yeah i didn't really write this thread to dis the DS650 or say the banshee is way better n stuff i just wanted to say that dirtwheels is retarted

Old 06-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

that hole artical was BS. if they r going to do a dune shootout, they should of put padle tires on there quads. not only that, but who in the dunes has a stock machine? NO ONE. what they should have done is put 1000 bucks into each machine and gone from there (less the tires)

Old 06-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

They chose it because of comfort? That's funny. How many people care about comfort in the dunes? Speaking in theory,
I think the riders focus would more be on kicking the **** out of the guys next to them and getting an awesome
holeshot on the guy's he/she is racing against. I really cannot see a guy on a banshee rolling up at the dunes saying
"Oh crum! I wish my handlebar grips weren't so rough on my widdle handes and had one of those soothing jelly seats because my hinder is killing me :-( " Boo hoo. Get real.

Old 06-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

my opinon, because i love to have one, is that yes dirtwheels is retarted a good portion of the time they intend to write insightful material. and to the fuel injection and kick start, yes the mixing can be a hastle i understand why they mentioned it. As the quad market grows the percentage who actually know anything about the workings of their quads and anything involving common sense continues to decrease meaning the portion of people who could figure out who to mix gas and oil succesfully has dropped. as to the kick start, with the two cylinders totaling at 350ccs it really isnt a hard kick at all. I kick my Quadzilla all the time and it is almost never a problem so i cant imagine a problem with the banshee at all. Personally i like kickstarting accept in the winter, which........ isnt really a problem for Duning consitering, although antarctica is consitered a dessert because its lack of precipitation, most duners are in quite warm weather. Kicking my zilla in snowstorms is a $hitty thing but warm weather i like the chalenge. Its just hard for lard a$$es who need bigger and bigger quads with heftier and heftier suspentions to counter their heiftier and heftier waste line to kick the starter. my last irrelivant point is that the design work of the 1987 quad, which is a down-tuned version of a 1984 street bike is whooping the finest of modern 4-stroke technology. puts a smile on my face from ear to ear. Four strokes are like tampons, every ***** has one.

Old 06-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Four strokes are like tampons, every ***** has one.
[*]2001 Yamaha Wolverine - pipe, filter, bars, dimondplate skids, WB cam, Wiseco H comp. piston, handguards, 424 select, CV guards
2000 Polaris Trailboss325
1998 Yamaha RT180
1991 Arctic Cat Prowler 440 special
1989 Quadzilla - DG pipe, twinair filter, fast as hell
1912 Harley Davidson motorbike
1998 Dodge Dakota Sport

Hmmm....let me see. Your sig show that you have 3 four strokes. What brand of tampon's do you use....OB, Kotex, Playtex...?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandragggen
Four strokes are like tampons, every ***** has one.
[*]2001 Yamaha Wolverine - pipe, filter, bars, dimondplate skids, WB cam, Wiseco H comp. piston, handguards, 424 select, CV guards
2000 Polaris Trailboss325
1998 Yamaha RT180
1991 Arctic Cat Prowler 440 special
1989 Quadzilla - DG pipe, twinair filter, fast as hell
1912 Harley Davidson motorbike
1998 Dodge Dakota Sport

Hmmm....let me see. Your sig show that you have 3 four strokes. What brand of tampon's do you use....OB, Kotex, Playtex...?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
someone knows their tampons.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

1) By your familiarity with them im sure you loved to snif grandma's as a kid before that "special faze"

2) every ***** has one doesnt mean every person who owns one is one, they arent mutually exclusive catigories you DUMB SH|T. Every car accident victim was involved with a car doesnt mean that every person involved with a car was a car accident victim. Way to use your stupidity in an Ebonic attempt to distort the English Language, and yes i know i cant spell but at least im speaking coherently within the boundries of the language. Didnt you see Ebonics never made it into the school system.

Old 06-07-2004, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Hey it must be the pussies riding the 2 strokes, their the ones that sound like vibrators. The only other way I can figure it is 2 stroke w/little engine = rider w/little meat stick. I don't like either quad, but at least the 650 can pull a fat a$$ just as fast! Try racing these quads on level ground with riders of the same weight with the same exact aftermarket rear tires and see what happens. Even if the 650 does lose on the side of that race, at least it can keep up w/500 more lbs of fat a$$ and engine weight and w/o burning oil, I doubt if anyone can deny that! lol The 650 probably still gets better fuel economy too, and without leaving a disgusting smog behind that gives people nut cancer.

Quick Reply: ds650 vs. banshee shootout