Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why is the ds so much more powerful than a raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is the ds so much more powerful than a raptor?

Originally posted by: Rider1169
i just read recently that the baja X is putting out 52 in the new dirtwheels
The most that anyone has dynoed a stock ds was 46hp at the rear wheel. That was posted by Mr. Hp.

I want the bike that dirt wheels dynoed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The DS has more power stock. ( a few more hp) But the DS riders weigh more, eat more and are generally .....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I really do not know how a stock one runs but piped/jeted against a piped jetted raptor, the raptor wins by small margin in 660 foot and the DS may very well catch it after that. ( we do not run mile races)

Old 05-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

52 at the crank, maybe. 42 or so at the rear wheels. Dirt wheels is on crack.

Old 05-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

52 is to high, the rotax is a good engine but we need a good engine these things aren't light if you hadn't noticed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

i have to agree that the rotax engines are darn good engines. this could have something to do with it. and it has a different carb and alot of things that could effect it.

Old 05-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

well, if what us say is true, if the raptor is more powerful, it should go faster, because it weighs 105lbs less. but they say that the dsd has 52 to start out with and the rap only has 36. i know tho that the rap is all hidden power, like a pipe adds around 10 hp, and other mods add a lot, is it the same way with the ds?
what u dont understand you could have 1000 hp but what use is it if the gearing is the same/? all mods do is get you to your top speed faster hp isnt = to speed gearing and sprokets and what not make a differnce.. my raptor in second stays up wit my buddies shee in 3rd. The ds may have some nuts but it is the ugliest god damn thing ever i would never own one even if it had 100 hp stock i wouldnt own one for the fact that they are ugly as sin!

Old 05-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
well, if what us say is true, if the raptor is more powerful, it should go faster, because it weighs 105lbs less. but they say that the dsd has 52 to start out with and the rap only has 36. i know tho that the rap is all hidden power, like a pipe adds around 10 hp, and other mods add a lot, is it the same way with the ds?
what u dont understand you could have 1000 hp but what use is it if the gearing is the same/? all mods do is get you to your top speed faster hp isnt = to speed gearing and sprokets and what not make a differnce.. my raptor in second stays up wit my buddies shee in 3rd. The ds may have some nuts but it is the ugliest god damn thing ever i would never own one even if it had 100 hp stock i wouldnt own one for the fact that they are ugly as sin!
i think they look better than a raptor

Old 05-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

edited by ATV connection moderator

The next time the highlighted yellow word or words pop up in the error message keep them out of the forum, you have been warned.

Old 05-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the DSs are awesome looking machines! If you don't like them, then shut your mouth no one cares if you like them or not!!

Old 05-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
[edited by ATV connection moderator

The next time the highlighted yellow word or words pop up in the error message keep them out of the forum, you have been warned.

/Q]

do i detect a hint of jealousy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: why is the ds so much more powerful than a raptor?