Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster oil injection stop working?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster oil injection stop working?

well i went to riding for a whole day with my friends and i have been keeping an eye on the oild injection tank to see if the level is going dow to see if it works. so i put a peice of duck tape at the level it was and and at the ened of the day it was an inch under (releif) so i was riding the neaxt mrningg and my oil light went on (half tank of gas) i paniced. so every time i gave full throttle it would go off but wen i let off it would go back on . it rins fine. is kinda seems wen the rpms r going down it makes a soft knoking sound. is my oil injector dying? if my engine seizez up can it be fixed? is it to late to put in the block off kit? i shut the quad off 10 mins after the ;light went on and havent started it since (just got it 2 months agod dont wanna rewine it) any replies are greatly appriciated

Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

I have two ideas for you.

The first one is simple, the oil light will come on when the tank is only half way down and tend to flicker/come on and off for a while. then it will just stay on constantly if it's below half full. If your motor wasn't getting enough oil you'd know it by now, lol. Did you try filling the tank up? The light is really there to remind u that you need to fill the ank, it's not a sensor that lights up if the oil injection pump fails.

the other idea,
The way a blaster oil injection system works is that it pumps in the amount of oil based on engine rpm. Possibly your pump is struggling to pump enough in at a low idle, but at the higher rpm it does fine.
I seriously think you just need to put oil in the tank, and it's not likely that your pump failed only 2 months after you got your blaster. But if you have 30$ go ahead and buy an oilk injection block off kit. don't question that last statement, I would go ahead and do it anyway.
good luck

Old 06-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

ya my tank is less than hal;f full, but im gonna get the block off kit so i dont have that worry everytime i ride in the back of my head

Old 06-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

lol, yah it's just the level of oil in your tank. just fill it up !
you can still ride man, it's not a mad panic to get the injection block off but just make it a point to do it. I mean, the chances are that the injection system wont fail. I've seen plenty of 88-2003 blasters that still have the oil injection and work fine. but it's just 30$ insurance

Old 06-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Had the same problem, make sure the oil injection tube is actaully attached to the carb lol

Old 06-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

My oil light was on sence the day i got it. It did the exact same thing. The only time the light was on was at low throttle positions and then it would go out when you increased the rpms.. I wouldn't even worry about it. The reason why the light comes on at half tank is because if you look under it, the bottom half of the tank is actaully quite smaller then the top..so people think that a half tank is actually more then it really is. They designed it this way to make sure people keep it full and don't sieze up their engine.

Old 06-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Lotsa paranoia out there on those Blaster oil injections. They've made them exactly the same since Ronald Reagan was president and have sold about a billion Blasters.

They work just fine, keep oil in the tank and ride it.

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

The reason why there is parnoia about the injector is because the gear that runs it is made of plastic.............when i removed my injector, the gear only had half it's teeth left.