Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior or Wolverine?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2000, 04:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im going to buy a new quad and i dont know what to get warrior or wolverine, i would like to know witch is better, i would like to know good and bad points about both. thanks

Old 08-04-2000, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

Well I feel I can answer this from MY experiences. I have a '99 Wolverine and I just got done selling my '00 Warrior (my only 2 quads) and have some time on both. Well they are both great quads if you ask me. Although neither is the FASTEST quad on earth. Although some (even myself) will tell that the Wolverine is a very fast 4X4. The Wolverine has 4 wheel drive as im sure you know over the Warrior's two wheel drive w/clutch. But the Warrior ofcourse is faster than a Wolverine and has an extra gear. I am not partial to either quad! I thought they were both wonderful. My Wolverine would do any trail riding/mudding I wanted it to with a pretty sporty feel. The Warrior was just as good on trails (if not a little better with its better turning) You are going to have to narrow down WHAT you want to be doing with this quad. I will assume you have narrowed your selection down to these 2 quads. If you want the fastest of the 2 its a Warrior. If you dont mind being a "little" (about 3-5mph) slower I can gaurantee you that the Wolverine will also handle good mudding. Oh and I myself havent had any problems with either bike EXCEPT on the Wolverine the parking brake never wants to stay operational.......But hey how many times are you gonna want to keep your bike PARKED!? Thats no fun! Hope this helped some!

Old 08-04-2000, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well both Very Nice.. Wolverine is the fastest 4x4.. and it is Sport... so i would go with that..

Old 08-07-2000, 10:12 AM
Range Rover

Speaking as an owner of a wolverine let me say that it is a wonderfull quad, but it is by no means the fastest 4x4 (at least in a straight line)

Old 08-07-2000, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

Sqooze,
I read your post & thought "wow, someone telling it like it is whether it benefits their quad or not."
Refreshing to see some type of honesty.
BTW, I have nothing against the Wolverine, it's just my brother had a Sport (2WD) & I knew how the 400L ran so that is why I went with the Scrambler.

Also, as far as a Wolverine or Warrior. I've read post saying the Wolerine is just about as fast & almost as nimble. Plus with the added benefit of 4WD it would be my choice. (IF I were in your shoes) Someday you might really need 4WD. Plus it's fun going into places your friends sports quads won't It's fun having a "hybrid" quad. It can do a couple of things well. Plus having a fast quad that runs with other sports quad AND is 4WD. That's cool too.

Old 08-07-2000, 03:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just bought a Wolverine. Will let you know soon.

Old 08-07-2000, 06:49 PM
gps
Trailblazer

Both quads are good machines and you will have a great time on iether one. The determining factor will be do you ride with other 4x4s or do they have sport bikes and how do you ride? The wolverine will jump well but is front heavy, the worior will motocross better because of the weight difference. Both are great to ride and will handle great on trails or off road which ever you buy you'll have a great time. Have fun!!

Old 08-07-2000, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is the same delema I had before I bought my Quad. I ended up with the Warrior. The only reason that I considered the Wolverine is the fact that I could put a snow plow on it and it had racks for packing stuff with you. But I opted for the Warrior and my manual snow shovel =-) I do a lot of riding with other Motorcycles and I don't think I could keep up as well with the wolverine. But If I was wanting to haul stuff or go through the bogs and just have to keep up with other quads then I would have gotten the wolverine.

I guess its a matter of choice. Do you want to have more sport or more utilitity. And what type of riding are you actualy going to be doing.

Old 08-08-2000, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

yea, well, there are snow plows available for the Warrior as well as front and rear racks....I like the speed and jumping of my Warrior, thats basically all I do, ride motocross

Old 08-08-2000, 08:44 AM
Trailblazer

If it becomes a real close decision, look at something as simple as the ease of reverse. Wolverine clearly has the advantage in this dept. If your plowing, it is considerably handier. Also, I know the Warrior is electric start, but does it have a backup starter (kick,recoil)? The 2000-01 Wolv's now have a backup recoil starter. I have a Wolv that I bought to plow snow and it does exceptional. I ride with 3 warriors, and I'm not bragging as I'm not a Pro and neither are they, but they have yet to leave me while doing any trail riding and when it comes to the 6" - 2 foot of water, well lets just say bye bye to the 2 wheelers. Top end in a straight line, the Warrior is definately faster, FACT.

Good luck, decisions, decisions....