Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Powerslide warrior - what tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 01:08 AM
jbh
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerslide warrior - what tires

I have a 03 Warrior I just got and want to replace the stock tires. I want a 4 or 6 ply for puncture resistance but also want something that I can still slide the back end out when I want to. I have heard the razors are hard to slide, how about the holshots? Or do I need to go to a more aggressive type tire?

I will mainly be using this for trails with some mud but not a lot. I do not want to put a heavy tire on it and loose power and I also am sticking with the 22 inch to keep the ground clearance. I already have a 12 tooth front sprocket on order to lower the gear ratio to handle some technical type stuff.

So what do you think? I thought I was going to get Maxxis all tracks but they said they are only 2ply and I really do not want to have to worry about punctures and thought these may be too thin.

Also how about front tires?

So what do you think I should get?

Old 06-16-2004, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

mud busters!!

Old 06-16-2004, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

I have shredders. They slide VERY easy although they seem to have decent forward traction. They wont slide too well on dry grass but they do on almost everything else.

Old 06-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

i've got bandits on my raptor, and i love em. they'll do what you want, when you want em to. i can pull the front up in wet grass, and bust out donuts on dry pavement. And they wear really good. i've had mine quite a while and they're showing very little wear.

Old 06-17-2004, 12:44 AM
jbh
Trailblazer

WFO 660r
You should be able to break them loose, you have 660cc. I have riden raptors and they have a lot more power than a warrior. The warrior may not be able to break those tires loose as well.

Do any of these tires do ok in mud?

Old 06-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

GBC Mud sharks...stiff side walls that'll slide easy and good traction in the mud, there's some pics of them on my old warrior in my pic page...good price, and highly puncture resistant, but they're 21's though.

Old 06-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

itp has a tire called holeshot h-d...ive never tried them myself but they seem sweet.....The Holeshot H-D is wider than other trail riding and racing tires, which helps it to climb out and stay out of ruts. Assisting in this ability is a new, stepped shoulder **** design that provides an additional degree of side bite and rut control. Overall traction and mud clean-out has been enhanced with larger, wider-spaced lugs.

This tireıs durability has been increased as well, with a special focus on the sidewall thatıs resulted in unmatched puncture resistance. And despite the rugged nature of the Holeshot H-D, it remains surprisingly light.

The Holeshot H-D is 6-ply rated and comes in two sizes: 20x11-9 and 20x11-10, ideal for todayıs sport-oriented ATVs.

Old 06-17-2004, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

i got all tracs on my warrior... nice tire, arent the best for puncture resistance.. mine got some plugs. they seem to wear good even after lots of burnouts on the road... do good in mud and snow.. can be hard to slide sometimes..o well makes it fun

Old 06-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

I have maxxis sur trak's on my Warrior, love them, great in mud, but not a heavy tire. I would check them out, nice treads, I have a few picts on my profile.

Old 06-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Trailblazer

hi guys im also in the process of replacing my tires on my 97 warrior supertrapp, kn filter, jetted, i was wondering if anyone has tried the mudlites out , how do they powerslide, and second choice was bearclaws, both tires in 22'x12''x9'' anyone that has used these tires on their warriors let me know how the bike handles and what kind of performance to expect thanx.

Quick Reply: Powerslide warrior - what tires