Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very dissapointed..

hes using dynos too

Old 06-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

1st of all. Your dyno jets sizes are whats reccomended for a slip on pipe between 3000'-6000' elevation. You are supposedly 686 (102mm bore) stage 2 hotcam full pipe, ported, at 4000'. I'd say you should be at least 170/175 dyno jets at 4000'. Stock pilot jets sizes are 22.5.

I have basicaly what you run and I use 190/195 dyno jet mains and needles, modified needles jets and seats and I use that setup from Pismo (sea level) to St Anthonys (5000') and only experience some rich related problem at LS Utah and St Anthonys but I just don't feel like playing with it when I go to those places as I'm not there that long. It still runs pretty hard at those higher elevations.

I'd say your buddy has more than a stock engine and has just not told you, along with your jetting issues. I can't believe you haven't burned a hole in your piston yet. Hopefuly you won't.

Dyno jet instructions

Old 06-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats strange for all you that are running larger mains. My bike ran pretty good with that setup for a year and I was running that thing ballz out all the time. Maybe thats why my ROD snapped at the wrist pin cuz I was way to lean. hmmmmm........ I am almost certain thats what its pointing to. But,,, I had my FCR's on when it broke...... that was a different setup as well. I will have to tear down my FCR's and see what actually I have cuz I dont want to do that again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
with your setup I would be running a 146 148 mains and 27.5 pilot. Thats what I was using on my stock carb setup on my 690. Airbox lid off as well.
That's what i was useing when I just had the alba full exhaust and no lid everything else stock. Well actualy I was useing 148/150.

Old 06-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

i know my buddies is completely stock he doesnt eve have after market air filter or pipe and he didnt know how to change the oil i taught him how.. but he is id say 60 lbs lighter.. i guess that would make sense hes scrawny lol plus it was on asphalt and i had a whellie popped through 3rd gear each time except the first time i started in 2nd and i took off good but then i let the clutch go to early and it almost died but then i caught back up we quit after 3 cause we were worried about the cops.. ill see how she runs against his at the dunes where im not worried about cops or wheeling over. But dont dyno jets only come in incrimets of 5//?

Old 06-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
i know my buddies is completely stock he doesnt eve have after market air filter or pipe and he didnt know how to change the oil i taught him how.. but he is id say 60 lbs lighter.. i guess that would make sense hes scrawny lol plus it was on asphalt and i had a whellie popped through 3rd gear each time except the first time i started in 2nd and i took off good but then i let the clutch go to early and it almost died but then i caught back up we quit after 3 cause we were worried about the cops.. ill see how she runs against his at the dunes where im not worried about cops or wheeling over. But dont dyno jets only come in incrimets of 5//?
Starting at 150 they come in increments of 5 up to 200 or 205. You can order them from the dyno jet website for $2.50 each I beleive it is. You need the DJ style there are other kinds on the website also but the DJ style is what you need. 60lbs is a good difference but I'd still think your excelleration should be a lot faster than his.

Old 06-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

so would that be a result of my jetting like i cant belive how close the races were honestly we were shifting at the exact same time and staying right together it seemed that towards the top end of 3rd maybe 4th i would begin to pull. . but thats not impressive to me after i dump 2000 into the engine

Old 06-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Possibly/probably but if it's not popping and sputtering/hesitating etc then maybe you just don't have the mods you think you have. Did you buy the quad new or used? Did you have the work done or the person that owned it before you? Did you install the parts yourself?

Old 06-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

bought it used no enigne work done.. then i had teh engine work installed i mean it seems beafier and what not.. maybe i just need to get rid fo stock sprokets

Old 06-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Even runnin a lil lean I would imagine you should be much faster. Somethings up.

Quick Reply: Very dissapointed..