Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need Some Help With My Parking Brake Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help With My Parking Brake Removal

Sup Guys,I'm taking My parking brake off it doesn't work and it looks ugly. I took off the Cable for it and the Mechanism on the Rear Caliper. I started it up it hit the Rev Limiter,I pulled both of those little inserts that go in by the clutch and the one by the parking brake itself it still hits the Rev Limter. I was wondering what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

if im not mistaken the bike will still have a rev limiter at like 9k rpms.. raptortranny.com has a rev limiter diabler that works thats what i used.. the park brake just sets the rev limiter at like 3 k rpms.. correct me if im wrong.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

First, did you put a parking brake block-off plate on the rear caliper?

Now to the problem....there is a black cable that runs up to your clutch perch. If you have removed all that junk off your perch, you should be able to look at where the cable is mounted on what's left of the perch and see a sensor. Follow that cable down behind your raditor and unplug it where it comes together with another wire. It's very simple and easy to find. If you have any problem's, let me know and I'll get into more detail.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

I took both plugs out of My perch and I still need to get My Block Off Plate. So when I get My Plate the Rev Limiter should be gone correct? Or do I need to go behind the Radiator like 660R says? Thanks,Again.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You have to go behind the radiator. If both plugs are still attached to your bike but not the perch...then take your thumb and shove in on the plug end. One of the wires from your perch will have a end on it that shoves in and out. Shove it in and hold it with your thumb. then start the bike. The rev limit will be gone. The rev limiter you are hitting is the one that engages when the parking brake is set. When you shove in with your thumb and the rev limit is gone, follow that cable down and unplug it behind the radiator. That way the limit is gone completely.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BTW...I would order or pick up a block off plate asap. Some have experienced leaking problems while running with no plate installed. My buddies 400ex leaked without the plate.

Old 06-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

push in on the inserts one at a time until you find which one is the limiter (for the parking brake)

when you find it,,,,cut the wires leading to it (leaving them disonnected),,and wrap them with electrical tape and zip tie them out of the way

Worked fine for me

Trending Topics

Old 06-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Unplug the 2 bullet shaped connectors (1 wire each) and plug the mates on the chassis wiring harness into each other. Unplug the white connector and tape it up.

Old 06-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Guys,I think I got it now.I locked My damn keys in My shed. I ordered a Block Off Plate 10 mins ago off of Ebay so we should be set there. Now alls I have to do is get in My shed heheh. Thanks A Lot