Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee troubleshooting question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee troubleshooting question

Hey guys, wanted to ask you a couple quick questions in regards to a banshee i just bought. I rode it today, great quad, gotta get used to it a bit more in tighter spots, but other than that, very cool. I noticed something about it though, about halfway through the ride when we'd stop and sit for a few minutes the gas was coming out of the overflow, right side. It seemed as if maybe a float was sticking. Also, i noticed that sometimes the right pipe doesnt have coming out of it like the left one. The top end has about 5 hours on it, the bike runs great other than loading up a little bit in the woods, but other than that i cant think of what could be wrong. Im wondering if maybe its just a float needing adjustment, or something more? it wouldnt be a cylinder misfire would it?

Old 06-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like there is some trash in the left side carb. Remove it and clean out the bowl and needle and seat reinstall and go ahead an put an inline filter on it. Probably need a set off plugs too.

Old 06-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

I need to make a clarification. The left pipe will produce smoke, but sometimes the right will not. That is what i meant to say. I was wondering if maybe the cylinder wasnt firing right, or maybe the float on the right side is simply sticking (causing the no smoke) since the gas came out the overflow on that side. Im rather new to tweaking on 2 strokes, so any help is appreciated. The left will smoke just a little bit as any two stroke, im assuming thats pretty normal. Thanks for any replies.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

does the gas pours out of the overflow or does it drip a little. my 02 stock shee drips a little bit b ut i trun my gas off anyway.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Range Rover

Actually it was running out pretty good out of the overflow, had to move the bike around a little bit, and after a couple minutes it stopped. Very weird. Im just wondering why the right pipe acts as it does, i would assume it to be ok, maybe needing the float adjusted or something, but im too **** about my bikes and want to make sure all is well. I certainly dont want to be running it lean or worse yet, cylinder up and stop firing.

Old 06-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

ya i know what ya mean about the right pipe with no exhaust coming out of it because my banshee never has to much exhaust coming out of the right pipe but i have had mine for quite a while and there has been no real problems.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

if it was misfiring you would feel it, it would just run like garbage... just clean the carbs and change the plugs and does the pipe that doesnt have exhaust coming out of it warm or cold??

Old 06-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Range Rover

I will clean out the carbs on it. i changed the plug on the left but not on the right so i will have to do that as well. Im not sure if the right pipe is hot or cold, i will have to check that. It had a couple sputtering noises at once instance, im assuming maybe it was loading up a tad. im new to 2 strokes as far as owning one, so i just want to make sure its ok. That just really struck odd to me that only one pipe would smoke.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Trailblazer

yeah banshees load up very easy just make sure you have clean carbs new plugs and check you air filter see if its clean, put a fuel filter on it and ride it like you stole it, it likes it that way...

Old 04-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok guys I got a question for ya. My banshee is is pushing water out the right muffler, whats wrong with it? Head gasket?