Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor is pathetic!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2000, 09:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TO Mag500 <---------------------------------no one else.

Sounds like another 15 year old retard. LoL.. For any 4 stroke to even be close with a powerful 2 stroke, like the BAnshee is awesome. Let alone be faster. Someone doesnt understand H.P, and engines. And wheres the talk of handling ? No contest.

47 Horsepower ! Rear wheel Horsepower. Youll be learning a good lesson really soon The Raptor is about to be unleashed. Get back on your Polaris, and dont bother talking about things you have no clue about...it degrades valuable info for those who want it. Go read something and learn something.

Old 08-12-2000, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got three words for you

JUST BRING IT!!

soon to be a proud owner of a black/white RAPTOR!

Old 08-12-2000, 11:11 PM
Range Rover

42 is not correct. It makes more than the previous engine design the bike it came from had... That engine did 45 HP then, now it has more, with the modifications that were made for the quad. By the way, Why does everyone think 45+ horsepower is pathetic ????? Its a 4 stroke, weighs basically the same as the BAnshee, and has "more" horsepower by far....whats this hangup everyone has...Thats what its supposed to have....and with mods, easily 60+

Old 08-12-2000, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Check out Scooby's new post in the Yamaha forum. The brits who race the bikes are getting 68 hp from a stage 3 kit. From what I could tell, some may be getting over 80 hp from the 660 single and as mentioned, that is the older design 660.

Old 08-13-2000, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

If we lived closer together, we'd definitely run them. However, I will not have to "Bring it." As I mentioned, I am the one who has a machine that everyone knows is fast. People who bought a Raptor are the ones who will have something to prove. They'll be waiting in line to bring it to me as soon as they can get them. And don't get me wrong. I know it will be fast, I'm just saying I won't say it can outrun a Banshee until I see it happen with me on the Banshee.

Old 08-13-2000, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

All you are doing is proving my point for me. As I mentioned, all the mags say the DS is faster. If it is, why can't anyone outrun me on one? Are they just letting me win so I'll feel good about myself?

Old 08-13-2000, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHO CARES WHICH BIKE IS faster. Bring it to the MX track and they we will see who is king of quads. That 660 is just too much motor for an MX track. Just remember there will always be someone with a faster bike and more expereinced rider than you. So just stop this BS and RIDE!!!

Old 08-13-2000, 01:15 AM
Range Rover

I think the raptor is gonna be another dune bike. Yamaha is just following americas trend
like the suv and truck market. Bigger and Badder.
Guess we will have to wait and see if there can be a bike with a perfect stock chasis mx woods and dune. They can do what they want with the engine. It will never be enough power for us. so we shall wait to see what cannondale has to offer.

Old 08-13-2000, 01:52 AM
rnl
Trailblazer

In response, no I'm not a 15 year old retard. I'm actually 21 and have been riding atv's for over 10 years. There are 2 guys at my work that have ds 650's.The one guy also has a banshee and he told me the ds outruns the bansheee, and both bikes are stock.I don't see why he would lie about it. Atv sport did a radar test as well as drag race and the ds toped out at 74, the shee at 72, and the 250r at 70. All pretty darn close. What I don't get is that everyone says how bad the ds sucks, and is barely faster than the shee. Well the shee is barely faster than the r from the numbers. I've never had the chance to race any other sport quads with my 250r so I don't know how it stacks up. I have raced a cr 125 and beat it, but not by much.Anyway I think that the cannondale is gonna be killer when it gets here.

Old 08-13-2000, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

CAN ANYONE SAY CANNONDALE WITH EFI

Quick Reply: raptor is pathetic!