Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

KMS Performance Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS Performance Raptor

Hey Rodsmith 32 ..we are trying to get hooked up with some people to go but won't know for sure till Saturday sometime...So far I'm almost sure that CTracing and his bud are going and I'm trying to hook up with my brother and a riding buddy down the street to see if they can make it.Is anyone sure though that it is gonna happen? maybe I'll call Richards to be sure and to find out what time...It'll be a warm one outside for sure.

Old 07-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

OK guys I called Richards ATV and they said no drags this weekend at 339th and I-10...instead they are at Canyon Raceway on 99the avenue and Carefree Highway tonight (Friday 16th) and Saturday.Sign up is between 6 and 8 p.m....Then next week they are having night time drags at the dunes in GLAMIS.They said they are bringing generators and lights(sounds like a fun time)You guys still gonna go to the Canyon drags????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Range Rover

I'll still go out to 339th if anyone is interested, sat or sunday. I'm not interested in going to Canyon, just not my thing.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

RapFam sign me up for dyno days, i don't have much to show for but ill will still be willing to run.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Im with RodSmith i dont like going to canyon, its timed an all that neat stuff, but in order to run you have to have to be legal, headlights, kill swith, etc. things i dont have on my quad. I've ran at canyon i dont like it.

Old 07-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Cool....Like they said it'll be about 3 weeks before they do the river bottom but if you guys wanna hook up sometime and ride or whatever give me a pm or a call. I'm always ready for a ride or a cold one or just to bs about bitches and quads.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]... Oh and CTracing raptor...at the beginning of this thread you asked to guess the hp's you would put out on a dyno...I'm no expert but I'll take a stab at 58 horses....Let me know if I'm close..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor660Fam
CT - the kenz dyno day is where a bunch of us get together and head over to kenz and he does three dynos a piece. we all would chip in a few dollars for lunch, then head out to the drays that you were talking about. I have never went but they want to do another one soon.

Any ideas on when the next one is gonna be?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Ok its offical their is a KENZ built 727 raptor over at KMS with the turbo and nitrous, its is putting out 180 rw h.p on the dyno. Thats insane, kelly says its impossible to ride on the street it doesnt have enough load on the tires to keep them from spinning. Insane, he also says you'll be able to finance his turbo systems some time in the future. HA! Well anyone thats been to KMS knows that Kelly's dyno is very conservative, and i ran my raptor they way i hae ot posted it ran 42.98 hp after kelly played with it for a while it cme to 46.33 h.p and 36.53 ft lbs. He says i lost about 1.5 h.p cuz i was doing my pulls with my holeshots, he said if i swithed to Hoosier slicks i would gain 1.5 h.p. Also since the KMS dyno is conservative, kelly is positive i could pull 51h.p on the KENZ dyno which isnt at conservative. kelly said he has run a quad at on his dyno then ran it over at KENZ and picked up 10h.p at KENZ without touching a thing. I'm happy with my quad though, as much as i wish it had 58 horsepower stallion. Ill post the dyno charts as soon as i figure out hot to get them to fit into the stupid requirements.

Old 07-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Itallion im not much into riding when its so hot out thats why i want to do the drags at night. So ill wait until Richards has the drags in 3 weeks. Me and my friend are going to Canyon Sat to WATCH the races.

Old 07-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Alright...I'll see ya there .I dont know your name or what ya look like but we will be wearing our official black ATV CONNECTION hats( backwards like punks)lol

Quick Reply: KMS Performance Raptor