Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

KMS Performance Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS Performance Raptor

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
Ok its offical their is a KENZ built 727 raptor over at KMS with the turbo and nitrous, its is putting out 180 rw h.p on the dyno. Thats insane, kelly says its impossible to ride on the street it doesnt have enough load on the tires to keep them from spinning. Insane, he also says you'll be able to finance his turbo systems some time in the future. HA! Well anyone thats been to KMS knows that Kelly's dyno is very conservative, and i ran my raptor they way i hae ot posted it ran 42.98 hp after kelly played with it for a while it cme to 46.33 h.p and 36.53 ft lbs. He says i lost about 1.5 h.p cuz i was doing my pulls with my holeshots, he said if i swithed to Hoosier slicks i would gain 1.5 h.p. Also since the KMS dyno is conservative, kelly is positive i could pull 51h.p on the KENZ dyno which isnt at conservative. kelly said he has run a quad at on his dyno then ran it over at KENZ and picked up 10h.p at KENZ without touching a thing. I'm happy with my quad though, as much as i wish it had 58 horsepower stallion. Ill post the dyno charts as soon as i figure out hot to get them to fit into the stupid requirements.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2004, 05:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

180hp and lived. That is truly amazing. Looks like Arizona is going to have some of the fastest quads in the us.

What is the specs on the 180hp quad. Boost numbers and how are they sealing the head? Anything done to beef up the tranny? Cases? How did they get enough fuel in it? Whos quad is it? Is it Kingies? Kingie once claimed 112hp out of his trinty 727 and got smoked by sparks gas powered 690. lmao.

Old 07-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think this is TRUELY classified under the "I would have to it to believe it" catagory.

And since when has KENZ dyno not been conservative? I thought it gave out pretty low numbers.

Old 07-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

ward- i have read that it is hard to get big numbers on kenzs dyno. I have read of a lot of 55 hp raptors from that dyno. Now they are less?

Old 07-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

where is this 180 hp raptor at im calling BULL$HIT on this one. i dont understand how all these big hp raptors out west never make it too the finish line first

Old 07-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Most of these bike do on a consistent basis make it to the line frist!!!!!! And no i have not seen any 180 hp bikes myself so i will investigate that one but mark my word there are 120 hp bike out here.But also mark these words 80 hp has proven to be the true bench mark.Meaning if you cross thier paths you will lose due to the torque line.There is no need for any more hp at this time the rest is just overkill.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
Most of these bike do on a consistent basis make it to the line frist!!!!!! And no i have not seen any 180 hp bikes myself so i will investigate that one but mark my word there are 120 hp bike out here.But also mark these words 80 hp has proven to be the true bench mark.Meaning if you cross thier paths you will lose due to the torque line.There is no need for any more hp at this time the rest is just overkill.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

yes i agree you get over 80-85 hp and things start to fall apart you are working on it more than racing

Old 07-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

There is currently NO 180hp raptor @ KMS this rumor is false-( there may be a 100hp rappy) and the source of such needs to be more careful in the future.
There are plans that may be a year or more out that include engine management systems to monitor all aspects of the turbo
/nitrous bikes to keep them in a safe and very powerful mode of operation but at this point the conversations are what the future holds and not what reality is currently! Lets keep the chat here accurate and reliable; unfound rumors can be damaging to innocent peoples reputations
- thanks

Old 07-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

AZSAND- Rapfam does not have a 85hp raptor yet he was to the finish line before some of those turbo quads. Are you quad free azsand?

I think some of these dyno numbers are hard to swallow. Somebody is adding to much BS to them. You can manipulate some dynos to read higher. These high dyno numbers will bite the builder in the a$$ when customers buy one and then have it dynoed local. It is called the Trinity factor.

Old 07-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: KMS Performance Raptor